Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Disc golf cart opinions
I use them whenever possible 44 36.07%
I might use one sometimes 31 25.41%
I refuse them on general principle 16 13.11%
I don't care one way or the other 31 25.41%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 137
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 23 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1

Definitely a difference between some type of pull cart and a motorized one. One of the reasons I like DG is I get a great walk in. I'm 57 but I have no interest in riding in a cart. Going to be playing at Selah in a couple of weeks and I plan to walk. I would use a pull cart possibly but haven't seen the need yet. My DG bag is not that big. Years ago when I played ball golf and everyone was riding I walked and I did use a pull cart.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2017, 10:59 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 528
Niced 743 Times in 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictenor1 View Post
Definitely a difference between some type of pull cart and a motorized one. One of the reasons I like DG is I get a great walk in. I'm 57 but I have no interest in riding in a cart. Going to be playing at Selah in a couple of weeks and I plan to walk. I would use a pull cart possibly but haven't seen the need yet. My DG bag is not that big. Years ago when I played ball golf and everyone was riding I walked and I did use a pull cart.
You're going to add enourmous amounts of time to your rounds at Selah if you walk.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-13-2017, 11:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 313
Niced 228 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
You're going to add enourmous amounts of time to your rounds at Selah if you walk.
Yeah, I'm a walker and bag carrier but Selah was made for carts.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 87
Niced 97 Times in 40 Posts

zuca with all the bells and whistles, lol at slowing down rounds, i am usually out in front of everyone and sitting comfortably waiting. I carry two 32 ounce water bottles, have a cooler(saddle bags) with more water and snacks and can carry an absurd amount of towels for those rainy days. While you are fumbling with your umbrella(rainy days), your chair and your bag i am already walking down the fairway. I have a grip c series for courses that aren't friendly.

only thing about the zuca is the lack of width means you have to navigate carefully in certain terrains, it can roll on you quickly

Old 06-13-2017, 11:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 137
Niced 23 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
haven't been yet but when I played ball golf and I walked I was always able to keep up with the guys in carts I was playing with
Old 06-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 30 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Oddly, playing grandmasters and playing league with TONS of carts, I don't believe I have ever seen any of the above.
That's because you guys are already slow at that age just kiddin!
Old 06-13-2017, 12:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 163
Niced 1,173 Times in 578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentjacobs View Post
Yeah, I'm a walker and bag carrier but Selah was made for carts.
I'll third that. I like a good walk. And I carry my discs.

But at Selah? Carts all the way. There are long walks in there. YEE-HAW, etc.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 124
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 736 Times in 343 Posts

Hand Carts:
Go for it. There are certainly some courses/events where it would be a convenience. A lot of the mountain courses around here aren't very conducive to cart usage, but it is amusing to see people try. I don't think that hand carts necessarily slow down pace of play; I've seen slow players that carry bags and fast players that roll carts around.

Motorized Carts:
I've never been to a course that offered this amenity, but I'd be willing to give it a try. I could see it being a major convenience, especially if you're planning to play multiple rounds on long courses. I don't envision motorized carts being the future of the sport, but it seems like a fun/luxury option to use occasionally.

Last edited by ThrowBot; 06-13-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: I'd rather ride Elaine that a motorized cart.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 24
Niced 86 Times in 56 Posts

Not something I would be interested in but to each their own. I tend be of the travel fast and lite mind set. I don't play big tournaments and don't generally carry more than 8 disc in a Sling Shot bag (a budget Nut Sac) so no need for a cart. Also, I don't think that the very hilly terrain at most of the courses I play would be very conducive to the use of a cart.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 212
Niced 271 Times in 164 Posts

Full disclosure -- I am a 56-yr-old grandmaster.

In Texas heat, especially June thru September, I can guarantee that having a cart will fatigue you less, regardless of age. There's a reason why people who play ball golf and pull their bags use a rolling cart most of the time when there's no golf car.

Things evolve. In every sport, practically every arena. Hardly anyone uses the old back straps anymore; those carrying bags probably have a backpack style bag. The cart is simply another step in evolution. I do have a separate bag and a cart actually, and will use the bag when the course is not cart-friendly.