Old 01-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 513 Times in 330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERB brooks View Post
Well there used to be two Auroras... the MS (midrange straight) and the MF (midrange fade), and multiple Orion for that matter (OLF, OLS, The rare OLR). So the acronyms really helped to clear things up. Not the greatest naming convention, but they make great discs. The OLF could be called the felcher and I would still bag multiple.
I totally see where they are coming from - I think just a tiny change in their approach would help illuminate the lineup. Just give every brick and mortar shop a poster with flight #s, and maybe try this:

Instead of OLF, OLS, AMS, etc try:

OrionL-F
9|5|-1|3

OrionL-S
9|5|-2|2

AuroraM-S
5|X|X|X

AuroraM-F
5|X|X|X

That way the name of the disc jumps out at you, allows you to develop an impression of the type of disc we're talking here. To me, they completely threw away such a potentially awesome naming convention by obfuscating things with stupid acronyms. I mean, there's nothing more badass in the universe than a quasar - they went the smart route on that mold and the rest of the distance drivers by keeping things simple. But on all the stuff I would actually be throwing as a beginner - mids and fairways - nope.

Discmania isn't much better but at least they include flight #s. Prodigy I actually consider the worst, combining numbers for mold names and plastic types.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Alexplz; 01-12-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 103 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
I totally see where they are coming from - I think just a tiny change in their approach would help illuminate the lineup. Just give every brick and mortar shop a poster with flight #s, and maybe try this:

Instead of OLF, OLS, AMS, etc try:

OrionL-F
9|5|-1|3

OrionL-S
9|5|-2|2

AuroraM-S
5|X|X|X

AuroraM-F
5|X|X|X

That way the name of the disc jumps out at you, allows you to develop an impression of the type of disc we're talking here. To me, they completely threw away such a potentially awesome naming convention by obfuscating things with stupid acronyms. I mean, there's nothing more badass in the universe than a quasar - they went the smart route on that mold and the rest of the distance drivers by keeping things simple. But on all the stuff I would actually be throwing as a beginner - mids and fairways - nope.

Discmania isn't much better but at least they include flight #s. Prodigy I actually consider the worst, combining numbers for mold names and plastic types.
Most of their stamps spell out the full name, the biggest exceptions being the Aurora and JLS (which as far as I know is the actual name of the mold). Sure the acronyms make things confusing, doesn’t really bother me now, although I must admit I was hesitant to try Millennium at first for similar reasons. I won’t begrudge anyone who doesn’t want to figure out their lineup... more OLFs for me
Old 01-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 99 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
An inked 9/10 went for $22 on the collectors page. $20 is a good price.
Apparently they’re still readily available. Infinite has them for $17 and Marshall street for $24, same Texas stamp. I passed for now and picked a current run up from DGC for $12.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 577 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
Apparently they’re still readily available. Infinite has them for $17 and Marshall street for $24, same Texas stamp. I passed for now and picked a current run up from DGC for $12.
Oh, those are Sirus Aurora's. I thought you were referring to the orange QMS (champion plastic with bubble stamp).
Old 01-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 99 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Oh, those are Sirus Aurora's. I thought you were referring to the orange QMS (champion plastic with bubble stamp).
Oh ****, you’re right. I over looked that. The ones in person were definitely opaque-ish champ plastic, but they had the same Texas stamp. There was also a regular millennium plastic aurora-ms with that stamp. Slightly domey compared to the newer honeycomb stamp runs.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 45
Niced 577 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
Oh ****, you’re right. I over looked that. The ones in person were definitely opaque-ish champ plastic, but they had the same Texas stamp. There was also a regular millennium plastic aurora-ms with that stamp. Slightly domey compared to the newer honeycomb stamp runs.
That is a really good and limited run of QMS. I would probably buy all of them if I were in Virginia.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/227148...nt_filter&_rdr
Old 01-13-2018, 09:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
That is a really good and limited run of QMS. I would probably buy all of them if I were in Virginia.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/227148...nt_filter&_rdr
We can't see it unless we are in the group and I can't tell what group it is. Can you just download the picture and then post it?

Also, does anyone know if there is a specific marking or stamp for the 1.8 mold variation on Millenium and/or Sirius plastic? I know they are out there, too.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:01 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 61 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
I dropped all my old QMs, MD2s and MD3s for these. Amazing flight for sure. Can handle a ton of lines. Flex shots, hyzers, powered straight, forced turnover...does it all aside for a stable mid.
But please no one else buy them. I need more backups still.
Infinite Discs Chariot is a 1.8 QMS (or blammo might call it the Chariot c-line QMSd2 run 1.8).

I'll post pics here or in the Chariot thread later tonight.

So if you like the 1.8's like I do there will be an in stock off the shelf option. Current run is all color glow and max weight, next run will be a star like blend.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-23-2018, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBMeistor View Post
Infinite Discs Chariot is a 1.8 QMS (or blammo might call it the Chariot c-line QMSd2 run 1.8).

I'll post pics here or in the Chariot thread later tonight.

So if you like the 1.8's like I do there will be an in stock off the shelf option. Current run is all color glow and max weight, next run will be a star like blend.
Sweet! Almost asked Dylan the other day what mold this was. I guess I should have. Its been on my try out list since I pretty much only throw the QMS, Alpha, and Scorpius.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:01 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 61 Times in 43 Posts

Dylan was the one I talked with yesterday, he said that Innova made the disc and told them (wrongly I think) what it was. We compared it to a bunch of Mako's, Sharks (regular and 3's) and my 1.8 QMS and I am convinced it is a 1.8 QMS. It does have Chariot lettering molded underneath the flightplate, but that is the only noticeable difference.