Old 01-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks good, but I'd recommend a Pro D Drone and beat it up a little since your buzzz might not be stable enough for some shots.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 96
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sticky Feet View Post
Looks good, but I'd recommend a Pro D Drone and beat it up a little since your buzzz might not be stable enough for some shots.
I've carried a Drone a few times over the years. Sort of the same feeling as the Wasp for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretdance03 View Post
...I was carrying a Z Wasp for a while, but between the fresh Buzzz, Zone and powered down PD/FB it never got thrown...
I prefer to eitehr just add hyzer to my Buzzz, pump a Zone or power down a PD.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Couple of changes almost immediately after the last update. Some just usual cycling, some switches.

Glow Firebird: getting seasoned, albeit slooooowly. Most overhands, utility flicks, chip shot style apporaches
12X Firebird: BEEF. Longer overhands
C PD/S PD/S PD/P PD/P PD:Workhorse drivers, overstable >>> flippy. The C is like a "Firebird-lite" and the thrashed P is a 50% power stand up from hyzer and cruise.
Star Roadrunner:rollers, wide open bomber anny shots
ESP Force/ESP Force/X Force:Forces are in and out of my bag, many times course dependant. The first run is beat to almost flippy- it will flip up and hold straight to almost 400'. The X is a new addition, hoping to beat it in to a flip machine, but out of the box it is beefy.
MF Champ Gator:Replaced the Zone. Feels similar in the hand but with a longer flight. Overstable approaches and drives, short flick approaches
Glow Z Buzzz/Z Buzzz/ESP Buzzz/X Comet:straight/slightly overstable >>> flippy.
Zephyr/Sonic:Not used a lot but too much fun to throw to take out. I like the Sonic for longer floaty runs at the basic and flick turnover approaches. Zephyr is just dead straight and drop. Tons of fun for warming up.
Blend Judge/Fusion Judge/Classic Judge/Classic Judge:Biggest change in my bag is swapping Yeti/KC Aviars for Judges. The Yeti is lacking in glide for my driving/approach game, and the KC's I like are hard to come by and expensive. The Judge has glide for days and feels great in the hand- I like the bead and the flat top. Blend is beating in nicely for turnover drives/approaches. The Fusion is for straight to slight hyzer drives. Classics are for putting.
It's not an overstable putter like a KC Aviar, so that has taken some getting used to on my approaches/drives- playing more of a straight line than a hyzer/fade line. I'm hoping the Fusion stays in it's current state for an extended period.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

I randomly went through my started topic posts and noticed I haven't updated my bag in just over 3yrs.

I still like to cycle discs, and I'm still switching stuff out fairly regularly. These have been in for about 6 months, working well.

I was throwing PDs a lot, and still think they're a great disc, but between the Teebirds and Destroyers I just wasn't throwing them much at all.

The Champ Shryke has been a real surprise workhorse for me. At my power range it is super straight with a nice reliable forward fade, getting me between 375-425' on a smooth pull.

The Gator is something I keep coming back to every time I pull it out of the bag. It's not a disc I throw every round, but there are definitely shots that I rely on it for. I've tested the Hawg and Aviar3, and while both feel better in my hand than the Gator they don't have the overstability I want for that slot.

Distance duties, overstable to understable.
Star Destroyer, AJ Star Destroyer, Champ Shryke, Star Shryke

Fairway/control- overstable to roller.
Glow Firebird, 11X Teebird, Champ Teebird, Echostar Teebird, S Line FD, P Line FD

Midrange duties, overstable to flippy.
MF Gator, Glow MD3, P Line MD3, P Line MD3

Putt and approach
KC Glow Aviar x2, putting only
Overstable to understable approaches.
KC Aviar, PFN San Marino KC Aviar, KC Glow Aviar
DX Zephyr- catch and occasional approach
Old 04-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 51
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts

Solid bag. Is the color scheme intentional? I ask as I only bag red, orange, yellow, pink and white as well! Cheers!

Niced: (1)
Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Solid bag. Is the color scheme intentional? I ask as I only bag red, orange, yellow, pink and white as well! Cheers!

I figured if I had a red bag I might as well coordinate the discs as well.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

In the saga of the ever changing bag...

Star Destroyer
Champ Shryke
Star Shryke
Star Roadrunner

Champ Firebird
Champ Thunderbird
Star Thunderbird
Champ Leopard3

Recon Mortar
Glow MD3
P MD3 x2

Star AviarX3
Classic Aviar
Nova
McPro Aviar x2
Star Zephyr
Old 02-26-2018, 04:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 26
Niced 91 Times in 77 Posts
Default OCto haul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretdance03 View Post
I figured if I had a red bag I might as well coordinate the discs as well.
I have a red KJ OCTO HAUL as well...love it

Old 02-26-2018, 05:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmtata01 View Post
I have a red KJ OCTO HAUL as well...love it

Itís definitely a great bag. I have a Zuca cart sitting here that I havenít been using much lately because I really enjoy this bag.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Iíve made some changes (personally and to my dg game) this season, and so far itís working out well. Iíve cashed in each of 5 events Iíve played, Iíve won two events that I also TDíd, and Iíve been averaging over my rating so far. I donít know how much (if any) of this can be attributed to my current rig, but I figured now was as good a time as any to post an updated bag.

Iíve been using the Zuca backpack cart more this season. Still have the Pound, still love the Pound, but for tournament rounds on courses that suit a cart it seems like a no-brainer to me. Less back and body stress is always a good thing.

Distance drivers:
Super beefy Star Destroyer
overstable but workable Star Destroyer
straight to understable Echo Destroyer
Champ Shryke.

The pink and red Destroyers are my go to choices typically. The white one is a meathook mainly used for flex shots and low skip shots for now. The Shryke is longer than the Destroyers but less reliable in any wind. If I have room and want an extra 50+ ft Iíll throw that.

Fairways:
CG Champ Firebird
Glow Champ Firebird
Nybo Teebird
new Echo TB
seasoned Echo TB
beat Echo TB
S Line FD.

CG Firebird is the backup to the Glow thatís getting seasoned- Iím using it for thumbers and cut rollers as well. The beat Echo TB has been in the bag for over 3yrs and will hold some right turn- if I need more anhyzer or a roller thatís where the FD comes in. The KJ TB is still nice and overstable and works well for flex shots and big hyzers. The other Echo TBs vary from straight to hyzer finish.

Occasionally Iíll put a Thunderbird in the bag depending on the course, but Iíve been finding that I prefer the control of the Teebird over the minimal distance increase I get.

Midrange:
C Line MD4
CG MD3
Glow MD3
P-Line MD3
P-Line MD3
P-Line MD3

Lots of overlap here, but I like to have multiples in various stages of wear for backup purposes. The P-Lines get rotated to keep the cycle going. The yellow is currently pretty straight, white has flip to flat with right drift covered, and the pink is flip city. The Glow is a few years old and will hold a straight line forever. The CG still has some hyzer finish on a strong pull. The MD4 is surprisingly overstable and will flex out of a hard throw still.

Approach and putt:
CH Champ AviarX3
Star AviarX3
KC Whale
KC Whale
KC Whale
KC Whale

Iíve been bagging the Star AviarX3 since it was released and love it for all kinds of angles. It will hold a hyzer and it will flex out on a smooth pull. I added the CG since my Star started to get a little worn and not hyzer quite as much on a forehand approach for my dirty flick. I can put decent power on the CG and it will hold the line and flex as it slows down.

KC Whales! I liked the Whale when it was released, but Iíve always preferred harder plastic for my putt and approach discs. When the KCs dropped I immediately jumped on board. The pink is my main approach putter- it will hold just about any line. The yellow is the backup thatís getting seasoned. Whites are putting only.

Occasionally Iíll add a Nova for courses with a lot of sloped greens, but it never seems to see much action so itís in and out frequently.

Niced: (2)