Old 04-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 96
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Finally I’m toying with a Taurus...
Have you thrown a RocX3 to compare the two?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2018, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,173 Times in 578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretdance03 View Post
Have you thrown a RocX3 to compare the two?
I didn’t like the RX3 at all. Plussy rim, “flippy” into a headwind. I like the Taurus a great deal.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-01-2018, 10:10 PM
* Ace Member *

I mean, it’s fine. I tried one Champ RX3 for a couple rounds. The feeling in my hand was never going to work. So I’m sure I didn’t grieve it a real chance. Did seem a little touchy though and not more OS than a beefy KC. Probably a good OS Roc3 for Roc3 throwers.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 96
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

I don't typically like the plus rims and the RocX3 doesn't really bother me. Feels almost the same as my KCs. It's definitely not as overstable as I was hoping for, but I've been liking it for the brand new Roc shots. It fights back from a little flex for me, but nowhere near a Gator, etc. Sounds like the Taurus is beefier for sure.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:45 AM
* Ace Member *

54 holes at Milo. 68 and sunny. Heaven.

5 Star Destroyers
2 firebirds (SPFTCGFB and SFB)
3 SOFs
2 Champ Roadrunners
4 Rocs (one champ/ 3 KCs, beefy to flippy)
2 Harps (fresh OS Origio, straight beat BT Hard)
1 Scale/2 Wizards
Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 AM
* Ace Member *

46 at Buxton Woods.

Man, that course just keeps getting better. New basket for 18 short.

Couple long metal hits from the tees.

2 Star Destroyers (OS, SS)
2 Firebirds (SPFTCGFB, S-FB)
3 SOFs
2 Champ Roadrunners
5 Rocs (4 KCs, 1 DX Ontario)
3 Harps (Moonshine, Origio, BT Hard)
3 Stiff Flat Wizards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6F0B0903-C0B7-4935-81CD-15706438FAF9.jpg (152.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
46 at Buxton Woods.

Man, that course just keeps getting better. New basket for 18 short.

Couple long metal hits from the tees.

2 Star Destroyers (OS, SS)
2 Firebirds (SPFTCGFB, S-FB)
3 SOFs
2 Champ Roadrunners
5 Rocs (4 KCs, 1 DX Ontario)
3 Harps (Moonshine, Origio, BT Hard)
3 Stiff Flat Wizards
Oh nice! I'll have to make it back out to Buxton again soon. Is that basket elevated up on top of something? Looks like around 350ish distance-wise?
Old 04-11-2018, 12:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Oh nice! I'll have to make it back out to Buxton again soon. Is that basket elevated up on top of something? Looks like around 350ish distance-wise?
Yeah. It's gimicky, but super fun. (The long basket is still back and to the left.)
It is about 15'-20' up in the air on a couple of big cable spools. You have to climb stairs to get your disc out. They put it in for a big DD tourney they are running--it is going to be worth $10k for the ace.

It was a pretty big Roc pull to float it basket high--I'm guessing about 330' with the slight downhill. I threw every Roc in my bag at it.

They're also cutting a new hole between 14 and 15 (or a crazy long position for 14). And they've done a ton of cleanup and trimming. Course is looking great (lots of pins in the short positions, which I hadn't played before).
Old 04-11-2018, 11:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Yeah. It's gimicky, but super fun. (The long basket is still back and to the left.)
It is about 15'-20' up in the air on a couple of big cable spools. You have to climb stairs to get your disc out. They put it in for a big DD tourney they are running--it is going to be worth $10k for the ace.

It was a pretty big Roc pull to float it basket high--I'm guessing about 330' with the slight downhill. I threw every Roc in my bag at it.

They're also cutting a new hole between 14 and 15 (or a crazy long position for 14). And they've done a ton of cleanup and trimming. Course is looking great (lots of pins in the short positions, which I hadn't played before).
Wow, $10k is a big ace pot. I seem to remember that they had a "Next Gen Tour" am event there previously so maybe it's a similar event this year. Or maybe that was a Lat64 event; I can't keep Trilogy stuff straight.

They already have an insane long position for 14 way back and dog-legged to the left in those trees. I'm guessing that's what you saw unless it was even further back than that. It makes that hole pretty insane unless you play it as a par 4 because the alleys through the trees to get to that basket are so small. Even as a par 4, it's pretty easy to bogey. You've got to land your initial drive in just the right area to even have a shot at a lane to the basket and that's tricky when you're throwing over that hill blind.

It's pretty insane how much Buxton gets better and better every year. It's the kind of course I never mind paying to play because of how much they're constantly putting back into it.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Wow, $10k is a big ace pot. I seem to remember that they had a "Next Gen Tour" am event there previously so maybe it's a similar event this year. Or maybe that was a Lat64 event; I can't keep Trilogy stuff straight.

They already have an insane long position for 14 way back and dog-legged to the left in those trees. I'm guessing that's what you saw unless it was even further back than that. It makes that hole pretty insane unless you play it as a par 4 because the alleys through the trees to get to that basket are so small. Even as a par 4, it's pretty easy to bogey. You've got to land your initial drive in just the right area to even have a shot at a lane to the basket and that's tricky when you're throwing over that hill blind.

It's pretty insane how much Buxton gets better and better every year. It's the kind of course I never mind paying to play because of how much they're constantly putting back into it.
Not that basket, I don't believe. Maybe.

It isn't blind to the landing area or the openings from 14's tee--it is down the hyzer side out right. Actually, it plays nicely from 15s long tee as a 14b/15a. Except it makes the lines pretty crowded to 15's short tee. As a long position for 14, it would be pretty sketchy for folks on 15s short tee--you'd be gunning a destroyer down that right side of the hill from up top, and any flip could easily send it screaming 400+ feet downhill right towards 15's short teebox.