Old 09-21-2018, 06:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
No those have been out for a while, they are very different. They are stiff as hell in my experience with either a nasty dome or a concave top. Nothing like the old pro plastic or the new pig pro plastic and fly nothing like how a Rhyno should. They are almost dead straight. Believe me, they were a waste of money.
Hmmm, you might be surprised. Run to run, the Pro plastic used in the stiff Pro Pigs from the factory store has varied too. I've had a couple that were positively as floppy as RPro and some that were very stiff and a lot in between. I've never had an actual domey one, but they vary from pretty flat to a little concave. From the reviews, it looks like the stiff Pro Rhynos have been around since 2013. It looks like there might have been a domey run in 2017, but most of the reviews say they are flat and great. Given that Rhynos are generally more popular than Pigs, I imagine they've done quite a few runs of these by now. You could call and request flat ones in your order. I've had pretty good luck that way in the past with the factory store.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 415 Times in 304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
No those have been out for a while, they are very different. They are stiff as hell in my experience with either a nasty dome or a concave top. Nothing like the old pro plastic or the new pig pro plastic and fly nothing like how a Rhyno should. They are almost dead straight. Believe me, they were a waste of money.
If you don't like 'em, I'll take 'em. That's how I like my Rhynos (I putt with them, and warped Rhynos are amazing approach discs). I used to use a GStar and R-Pro, but now I've got a wavy topped Pro and it's money, along with my R-Pro. I'm all for a production run of GB Pro Rhynos!
Old 09-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 26
Niced 176 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Hmmm, you might be surprised. Run to run, the Pro plastic used in the stiff Pro Pigs from the factory store has varied too. I've had a couple that were positively as floppy as RPro and some that were very stiff and a lot in between. I've never had an actual domey one, but they vary from pretty flat to a little concave. From the reviews, it looks like the stiff Pro Rhynos have been around since 2013. It looks like there might have been a domey run in 2017, but most of the reviews say they are flat and great. Given that Rhynos are generally more popular than Pigs, I imagine they've done quite a few runs of these by now. You could call and request flat ones in your order. I've had pretty good luck that way in the past with the factory store.
I think calling would be the only way to go. I'm not about to waste another 50-60 bucks on a stack of them. I just remember being so disappointed in them that it's hard for me to try again.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2018, 09:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,171 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Well, ask and you shall receive I suppose. They've had Stiff Pro Rhyno's (which I assume are in the same plastic as the Stiff Pro Pigs) in the Innova Factory Store for years now:

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/pro-rhyno-stiff.html

If you like the stiff, tacky pro plastic they run Pigs in and you like Rhynos, these are probably for you (and even with factory store shipping, cost way less than 40-50 bucks).

They're not the same as the old versions.

We have a big Rhyno following in my area and I always bag one.

I've tried to get into these but just end up switching out the Flat Top DX ones.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2018, 09:22 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts

Idk if anyone has posted this yet.. Gregg contacted Roundhouse on the Millennium Disc Golf Collectors page on fb, he said they are going to be working on a signature Gregg Barsby Scorpius run!!

Niced: (2)
Old 09-22-2018, 07:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 49
Niced 471 Times in 316 Posts

There are also Barsby Aviars (same stamp as his Roadrunner) out now in shops in my area.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,024 Times in 593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd.bittle View Post
FAF=/= Flat and firm
FAF != Flat and firm

Fixed it for you.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,936 Times in 1,671 Posts

I'm surprised Barsby doesn't throw some Star Eagles...I got one recently and the plastic feels nice, no weird dome...looks like an EX should.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 32 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by konza_kid View Post
Saw on the Millennium collector's facebook page, that Barsby called the team coordinator and they are started talks on the Barsby Scorpious. Looking forward to those for sure.
may have mentioned it....

Old 09-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 68 Times in 53 Posts

Star Eagle. Molded so that it flies like one of his beat in ones.

Last edited by mostlynorwegian; 09-26-2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: additional text