Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Fusion bag? Especially if you could not buy GB?
Yep! 12 42.86%
No!! How. Could. You? Im triggered!! 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2018, 04:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.7
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 363 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanDeLaNooch View Post
Ok so I have way more rounds on the bag now. So heres what Ive noticed after about 50 rounds.
!
50 rounds with a beast of a bag in a month and a half. getting in shape for a career as infantry?

imho, mix in some light bag lower carry rounds
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts

You know I tried that. I found I was actually less tired at the end of a round even with the big bag loaded than with a smaller bag for two reasons.

1. The seat. I can sit at will even if its only for a second, makes a huge difference. Also, in order to sit I have no extra gear ( a stool) to bother with, it's built in.

2. I don't have to bend all the way to the ground to pick the bag up like I do with a standard shoulder type bag. This really adds up throughout a round or especially multiple rounds in a day.

Niced: (3)
Old 12-10-2018, 09:44 AM
Bogey Member

So as the rounds continue to pile up. So does the wear. Straps seem to be doing just fine. The bottom of the bag is starting to show some wear. The protective tabs that cover the main wear points are about gone. Now if I was a one or two round a week guy this would not have happened for a couple of years probably. I play as much as I can depending on weather and thats usually 5 to 10 rounds a week. So I saw on another thread somewhere someone plasti-dipped the bottom of a bag to negate this type of wear. I will likely do this pretty soon. Check back for updates from time to time. Maybe Ill grab a ZUCA LG to go with it too.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 564 Times in 261 Posts

Quote:
So as the rounds continue to pile up. So does the wear. Straps seem to be doing just fine. The bottom of the bag is starting to show some wear. The protective tabs that cover the main wear points are about gone. Now if I was a one or two round a week guy this would not have happened for a couple of years probably. I play as much as I can depending on weather and thats usually 5 to 10 rounds a week. So I saw on another thread somewhere someone plasti-dipped the bottom of a bag to negate this type of wear. I will likely do this pretty soon. Check back for updates from time to time. Maybe Ill grab a ZUCA LG to go with it too.

Surely you can find a Chinese ZUCA ripoff to complete the set. I believe in you!

Old 01-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Bogey Member

Default Parting shot of my rig.

Real Zuca Cart. Knock off Simian ( BagLane Fusion) Also a cool Chewie Buzz.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19916151-57FE-4A78-B840-C6BE2B57BDD3.jpg (122.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg F31FC4E6-9508-447D-AC23-8E9A66681AEC.jpg (149.2 KB, 32 views)

Niced: (1)
Old 01-02-2019, 06:54 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Real Zuca Cart. Knock off Simian ( BagLane Fusion) Also a cool Chewie Buzz.
BagLane Fusion which model the Pro or the Elite model, elite will have the cooler on one side other does not.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:24 AM

Quote:
You know I tried that. I found I was actually less tired at the end of a round even with the big bag loaded than with a smaller bag for two reasons.

1. The seat. I can sit at will even if its only for a second, makes a huge difference. Also, in order to sit I have no extra gear ( a stool) to bother with, it's built in.

2. I don't have to bend all the way to the ground to pick the bag up like I do with a standard shoulder type bag. This really adds up throughout a round or especially multiple rounds in a day.
I am the same though I do not have that bag rather the converted or modified bag of a Vertex Angler Backpack, with a seat on it. When the bag itself on the seat thing dies I have a back up bag that I will use for the seat ready to go modified to fit the seat on the bag. The whole bag is about $85 with the modifications of a stroller bottle holder to the bag for second bottle holder first is a water proof stuff dry sack and about $1.00 of safety pins crimped shut as well as some zip ties to keep the stroller bottle holder attached to the bag.

My dad has a FLW Walmart fishing saddle bag with taller seat with more a single strap that he uses for disc golf since 2006 or so. before that he had a small starter bag that was getting too small for him to use. I looked online for that saddle bag so I could add a smaller next up from a starter disc golf bag to the underside have it hanging there for a second disc storage using one of the saddle bags for storage and get the Innova quad straps to see if they would work for the seat but they have stopped making my dads bag since 2000's sometime but I found my set up on Amazon.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:30 PM
Bogey Member

Hey Casey. Its the pro model. No cooler.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Hey Casey. It’s the pro model. No cooler.
Thanks. I have seen reviews that are positive for the Cooler model as it is one of the few models that has a drain port on the bottom for ice so one does not need to use the freezer packs or ice in a Ziploc Zipper Freezer type bag.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:51 PM
Bogey Member

Yeah that’s cool. If I had known that about the drain might of gone with the elite. I immediately thought I wouldn’t want a funky smelling thing as a part of my bag. Cuz I know I would wash it as often as my dg towels. Nevah!!