Old 01-28-2019, 06:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 42
Niced 67 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well I saw you putting like a fiend with that blue atom a while back I hope to see it again!

Interesting mix of discs... you got stable covered.. I'm kind of wondering what kind of "footage" you get with those atoms? I'm no good at yards haha.. Just as a casual observer it kind of makes me wonder how you handle the woods and annys without some low speed fairways.. Matrix I guess, Obviously you are kick ass with what you do.. I look at that and the bread and butter of my Gyro bag is nowhere to be seen..

Any cool 150 class or fairways in the backup trial bag? Fiz Photon, Inertia, Insanity etc... SWITCH HAHaha..?
It was unfortunately one of those days where my body and mind disconnected on the putting green and I managed to miss quite a few putts I would hope my grandmother would have a great shot of putting in the basket, lol.

With my mix of forehand and backhand shots I don't throw true understable too often. Occasionally Theories and Amps and Vanishes make it in the bag for those lines though. More often in the woods I use a lot more straight stable discs if I can't just switch from FH to BH. In those cases Atoms, Matrices, Servos, and Volts fly beautifully. I can get them to commit to lines, control flex, or basically anything I need with the right release and commitment.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-28-2019, 06:25 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Does anyone know of a store with both Eclipse Deflectors and 10th Anniversary Ions in stock? Looking like I waited to long on the 10ths, most places are sold out.
Here is a store in Germany:

thrownatur-discgolf.de

Greetings

Niced: (1)
Old 01-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 239 Times in 138 Posts

Okay,so I've been throwing Eagles in the N/OS slot. Really love the flight but not the feel in the hand. Since I currently use the relay as my go to understable fairway I was thinking of trying to replace the eagle with some MVP/axiom. Looks like the crave and servo both have similar flights to the eagle. What do you recommend between the two of them? Basically want the flight of an eagle with a more comfortable forehand grip.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 728 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Basically want the flight of an eagle with a more comfortable forehand grip.
I'd say if you are backhand Crave.. Actually probably just the Crave... Servo finishes real hard..
Old 01-28-2019, 06:55 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 239 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
I'd say if you are backhand Crave.. Actually probably just the Crave... Servo finishes real hard..
Sorry I meant to say Clash,not crave. Crave is pretty much a dead straight flier though right? I'd assume not too good in headwinds and probably more like a teebird than an eagle?
Old 01-28-2019, 06:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Sorry I meant to say Clash,not crave. Crave is pretty much a dead straight flier though right? I'd assume not too good in headwinds and probably more like a teebird than an eagle?
A Clash is real close to an Eagle, but a little easier to throw.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 728 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
It was unfortunately one of those days where my body and mind disconnected on the putting green...

..., Servos, and Volts fly beautifully. I can get them to commit to lines, control flex, or basically anything I need with the right release and commitment.
So part 1... You are still kick ass!!! You lumped it out and came up alright. Never give up, Superior Skills, Mental Management and great Plastic!!! I've seen your putts you made me buy an atom or 3... and I'm not an Atom guy.. 6th is pretty good for a round that wasn't your best. Way to keep a balanced attitude though... Those other guys must really suck so top 3 on the next one?

So part two.. Servos and Volts I'm guessing at your power level and range they turn over just fine? And bonus points for mentioning that Vanish..
Old 01-28-2019, 08:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,164 Times in 2,214 Posts

Quote:
I'd say the clash is more like a lightly seasoned Banshee. It doesn't really turn much from what I remember but also doesn't have that heavy fade that the resistor has. Servo would be closer I think. A slight turn before a good fade kicks in. Crave is very much like a S Tbird, little to no turn and a subtle but reliable fade. Crave and Servo will more or less land in the same spot thrown equally, with the Servo maybe a bit more left of center(rhbh)

Tbh though, the only Clash I ever threw was a sparkle Proton and that plastic seems to be fairly inconsistent...
Old 01-28-2019, 08:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Clash is very similar to the Eagle. I have a weird high PLH Clash that is more stable, but most of the ones I've thrown are solidly in the Eagle stability range.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:24 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

my clash is interchangeable with a higher plh servo really not much difference that i can tell field testing they both have mild turn and reliable fade but the axiom plastic looks better, finding it hard to replace a beat up resistor though... really want to see a resistor variant from axiom, maybe more glide?
Closed Thread