Old 02-21-2019, 10:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 576 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Also wondering,is there a huge difference in stability between plasta and neutron proxy?
I have a small stack of Proxy's - most pretty much fly 3/3/0/0

I have one NEUTRON that is a bit more stable (the plastic is firm and the disc is flat)
I have one PLASMA that is a bit more understable (softer plastic and feels a lil different - turns with ease)

I have a few PLASMA that are nice and stable - and some NEUTRON that are the exact same stability. SO - to answer your question - there's not a big difference BUT of course things can vary. In general I find Plasma to be more US in most MVP/AXIOM discs. But for the Proxy is seems to be about the same.

and just to add, I prefer Neutron for almost all my discs yet for some reason I REALLY like the plasma for the Proxy. It's weird, but yeah if I had to choose, I'd say go PLASMA max weight if you want straight
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-21-2019, 10:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 729 Times in 510 Posts

I wasn't going to jump in on this since I've only got a few Proxy.. One plasma and 2 soft neutron.. But I sure notice a difference between them, I also prefer the Plasma super straight for me with the Proxy. Soft N is too turny and fadey by comparison, but they're all proxys.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Par Member

Niced 101 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
My Vanish is a 166 neutron. I think the mold would fly better with some extra dome and glide. If they ever come out with a Plasma Vanish then I'd likely buy one.
Try a proton Vanish.

I have four proton Vanish from 154g to 157g. This is my max distance driver that goes 290-320 for me. They are noticeably more stable than the neutron Vanish I had. The proton Wave I bought (154g) is just as flippy as the Vanish. I bought it based on people saying it was more stable and hoping that it would fill in the gap between the Vanish and the Defy. The HSS is the same or less than the Vanish even if the LSF is more for the Wave. I find it the proton Wave less predictable with not much more potential.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:30 AM
Par Member

Niced 101 Times in 58 Posts

What is the closest MVP equivalent of the Axiom Defy?
Old 02-21-2019, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 729 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLaForce2002 View Post
A Defy is advertised as a worn Photon..

That's funny you had that experience with the Wave haha my ONE is a Neutron 155 and it's freaky more stable than I expected, in an extremely straight kind of way... Hence me messing with a 158 N Vanish and the 143 Photon. (I'm guessing I'm also a 325 - 350' thrower these days as well With good snap )

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 02-21-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:49 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
neutron flat photon
Old 02-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Try a proton Vanish.

I have four proton Vanish from 154g to 157g. This is my max distance driver that goes 290-320 for me. They are noticeably more stable than the neutron Vanish I had. The proton Wave I bought (154g) is just as flippy as the Vanish. I bought it based on people saying it was more stable and hoping that it would fill in the gap between the Vanish and the Defy. The HSS is the same or less than the Vanish even if the LSF is more for the Wave. I find it the proton Wave less predictable with not much more potential.
My Waves (171 proton, 165 neutron, 168 plasma) all fly more stable than my Vanish, both in terms of HSS and LSS. I'm really happy with them, which is probably part of why I'm considering pulling my Vanish out of my bag. I can throw my Waves on a hyzer and they flip to flat, or throw them high for big S-curves, or throw them hard and flat for shots that I want to finish a little right. My Waves also all seem to handle light-to-moderate winds with very little effect, which is nice; they fly pretty much the same in both a 7-10 mph headwind and tailwind. My Vanish hates anything remotely resembling a headwind, but doesn't seem to get much of a boost in a tailwind (likely from lack of dome/glide).

The only things that I can do better with my Vanish are high shots that I still want to finish to the right, and hyzerflips when for whatever reason (typically bad footing or tunnel shots) I don't feel comfortable throwing with much power. But in those situations I can typically disc down a speed class to my Hatchet and get a more reliable result, albeit with maybe 15-20' less distance. I do think a domey Vanish would have a good shot at making my bag though, since that should equate to a little extra distance via glide and also would potentially make it a touch more controllable. I've always found domey flippy discs to be more consistent for me than flat flippy discs.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts

I lost my circuit Relay(don't set your discs on top of your car). I see infinite discs have PFN and new stock Relays.
Which run is more firm?
The most like the circuit run?
Old 02-21-2019, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,175 Times in 2,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I lost my circuit Relay(don't set your discs on top of your car). I see infinite discs have PFN and new stock Relays.
Which run is more firm?
The most like the circuit run?
You might be able to find new circuit relays. This is on Infinite and doesn't say out of stock... but I guess they might have just never updated the pick...

https://infinitediscs.com/MVP-Relay/Neutron

Old 02-21-2019, 05:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
You might be able to find new circuit relays. This is on Infinite and doesn't say out of stock... but I guess they might have just never updated the pick...

https://infinitediscs.com/MVP-Relay/Neutron
Thanks....but those have been gone for a long time. They had Relays up before general release...thats where that pic comes from.

I am just interested in how the PFNs compares to the FN run. I don't expect any circuits stamps are laying around

Closed Thread