Old 02-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 59
Niced 136 Times in 79 Posts

100 years ago women weren't allowed to vote and a century later they still have some catching up to do in terms of equality and opportunity, especially if they don't fit the biological mold you spelled out in #23.

If someone wants to give them a leg up with a little help, I don't see the problem but doing nothing just maintains the status quo.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2019, 01:06 PM

Courses Played: 14
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
a century later they still have some catching up to do in terms of equality and opportunity
i'm curious where you think women are still lacking with regards to equality and opportunity. equality of opportunity does not mean equality of outcome.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:45 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Oh God damn, we're gonna turn this into a third wave feminism thread, aren't we? People it's pretty simple, if someone wants to invest their time and money to produce more women's disc golf content there is nothing stopping them. Women, men, really smart gorillas, other sentient beings with opposable thumbs, etc are all open to doing their thing. I'd love to see more FPO coverage because the field has a lot of good players and there is decent parity now but I'm just one dude. You can't force people to care about or watch FPO just like you can't force people to go to WNBA games. If the entertainment value is there people will support it. Otherwise it will just have to take a backseat in clicks and views to MPO until such a time when there are a lot more women in DG as a whole to provide the grassroots base for viewership.

Instead of whining about patriarchy and prejudice people should spend more time encouraging mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, girlfriends, etc to play and get the bug like we have. Start women's only clinics, etc. There is no magic bullet that solve everything, it all has to grow organically from all over. Hopefully that Disc Golf Dame can plant the seed for women's DG coverage and grow it from that angle. If they do it well all we can do is support them.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Oh God damn, we're gonna turn this into a third wave feminism thread, aren't we? People it's pretty simple, if someone wants to invest their time and money to produce more women's disc golf content there is nothing stopping them. Women, men, really smart gorillas, other sentient beings with opposable thumbs, etc are all open to doing their thing. I'd love to see more FPO coverage because the field has a lot of good players and there is decent parity now but I'm just one dude. You can't force people to care about or watch FPO just like you can't force people to go to WNBA games. If the entertainment value is there people will support it. Otherwise it will just have to take a backseat in clicks and views to MPO until such a time when there are a lot more women in DG as a whole to provide the grassroots base for viewership.

Instead of whining about patriarchy and prejudice people should spend more time encouraging mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, girlfriends, etc to play and get the bug like we have. Start women's only clinics, etc. There is no magic bullet that solve everything, it all has to grow organically from all over. Hopefully that Disc Golf Dame can plant the seed for women's DG coverage and grow it from that angle. If they do it well all we can do is support them.
Remember, this started with someone looking to support such things, and someone calling them out for political pandering and someone else saying they might be creepy. I'm simply saying, bugger off, if someone wants to do something that has a good end result, we don't need a political or social commentary.

I just don't understand the need to look at things folks do in the most negative interpretation as opposed to the most positive?

Old 02-26-2019, 02:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 247
Niced 1,634 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Remember, this started with someone looking to support such things, and someone calling them out for political pandering and someone else saying they might be creepy. I'm simply saying, bugger off, if someone wants to do something that has a good end result, we don't need a political or social commentary.

I just don't understand the need to look at things folks do in the most negative interpretation as opposed to the most positive?
Leave the above and landfill the rest of the tripe.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:21 PM

Niced 7 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post

I can whine and found a women’s league at the same time.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 477 Times in 231 Posts

"In 2019, I'm really making an effort to support any women generated DG video. Can anyone point me to those content creators?"

OH HOW DARE YOU. HOW DARE YOU.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:27 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post

It's current year, if you're not being offensive you have to be offended. Those are the rules now.

*guy makes fairly innocuous thread*
*guy replies with sarcasm*
[choose your own adventure: Ignore the opinion you don't agree with and make helpful reply to OP

OR

Spam the thread with more bad opinions]

*spamspamspamspamspamspamspam...*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceSprings View Post
I can whine and found a women’s league at the same time.
That's the American spirit!
Old 03-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 59
Niced 136 Times in 79 Posts

^Verified, user title checks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLaForce2002 View Post
In 2019, I'm really making an effort to support any women generated DG video. Can anyone point me to those content creators?
I saw Alyssa VanLanen's ad on the Memorial live coverage. Worth a look IMO.

https://www.instagram.com/alyssavanlanenimages/

patreon.com/alyssavanlanen

Old 04-10-2019, 12:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,223 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post

Channel is called Disc Golf Dame
They finally posted some vids from Wintertime Open...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZz...MqXNrV0bqlgXhg