Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 106 Times in 67 Posts
Default Streamline Lift

Streamline has a new disc scheduled to be approved tomorrow: the Lift. (21.2 diameter)

Any insight/rumors/predictions re.what kind of disc this might be?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2019, 05:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 574 Times in 422 Posts

I hope its something like a straight control driver. IE: Undertaker / Volt. but, idk....lift is a weird name - maybe its a US glidey disc
Old 04-16-2019, 06:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,155 Times in 2,208 Posts

They just did an OS 9speed control driver 0 3.5, already have the Trace at 11 5 -1 2. This is a 10 speed judging from the rim width, and they don't have a true 0 2 yet...

Niced: (1)
Old 04-16-2019, 09:48 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

This worries me. I, and many others, have been asking for Streamline pilots in a premium plastic for over two years. Every month I check out the new MVP/Axiom/Streamline new release announcement, and every month get let down that it’s not on the list. When they announced the Flare was debuting in cosmic neutron plastic, the video showed what looked to be putters in this premium plastic. A lot of people pointed out what looked to be cosmic neutron pilots, and I got super excited. Now I fear that those were actually cosmic neutron Lifts.

I’m sure it will be a good disc though. Streamline releases so far have been solid.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:57 AM

Courses Played: 11
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

According to the PDGA, the Lift is the same rim thickness as the Flare (2.0 cm). Given the Flare has OS covered, I'm expecting something neutral to understable. There's quite a bit of room in the lineup to fit something between the Drift and the Trace.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:18 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 95 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
This worries me. I, and many others, have been asking for Streamline pilots in a premium plastic for over two years. Every month I check out the new MVP/Axiom/Streamline new release announcement, and every month get let down that it’s not on the list. When they announced the Flare was debuting in cosmic neutron plastic, the video showed what looked to be putters in this premium plastic. A lot of people pointed out what looked to be cosmic neutron pilots, and I got super excited. Now I fear that those were actually cosmic neutron Lifts.

I’m sure it will be a good disc though. Streamline releases so far have been solid.
If you look at the profile of the discs that supposed to be Pilots, you can tell that it's a putter and not a faster disc. You can see the profile in a video on Streamline's Facebook page.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,155 Times in 2,208 Posts

Old 04-17-2019, 08:14 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
According to the PDGA, the Lift is the same rim thickness as the Flare (2.0 cm). Given the Flare has OS covered, I'm expecting something neutral to understable. There's quite a bit of room in the lineup to fit something between the Drift and the Trace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
If you look at the profile of the discs that supposed to be Pilots, you can tell that it's a putter and not a faster disc. You can see the profile in a video on Streamline's Facebook page.
Yeah I suppose I could have just looked into the specs instead of jumping to conclusions, but where’s the fun in that! Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:55 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 106 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
That's what I'm hoping for.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 574 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post

nah those side profiles were rounded and thick, I think you'll be getting your neutron Pilots soon enough