Old 05-04-2019, 12:52 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 121 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Oh and please don't get a Roc3, VRoc, VRoc3, RocX3, etc. Those are not "Rocs," just Innova trying to profit off the name. If you want to see what made this mold famous, just buy a regular, old DX or KC Pro Roc.
Idk, for me roc3s and rocs are interchangeable
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 05-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
Idk, for me roc3s and rocs are interchangeable
Grab a champ Rancho (USDGC Roc) and a champ Roc3. You cant tell me they’re the same. Not outta the box at least. R3’s will be much straighter.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Birdie Member

What’s this “remake Roc” stuff I’m hearing all over the pages on facebook? Something about Rick saying his Roc is like a “CE Remake”...?
Old 05-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 702 Times in 324 Posts

There was a certain run of flat gummy overstable star rocs that came out a few years ago that somehow got tagged as 01 ce roc remakes by the community. I still cant figure out why they got tagged that other then it is a catchy name but they arent really anything special. I have a few and none of them feel good enough or throw good enough to make the bag and Ive had anywhere between 5-7 rocs in my bag for the past decade. They really shouldnt be called 01 remakes

Niced: (2)
Old 05-09-2019, 10:35 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
There was a certain run of flat gummy overstable star rocs that came out a few years ago that somehow got tagged as 01 ce roc remakes by the community. I still cant figure out why they got tagged that other then it is a catchy name but they arent really anything special. I have a few and none of them feel good enough or throw good enough to make the bag and Ive had anywhere between 5-7 rocs in my bag for the past decade. They really shouldnt be called 01 remakes
This is exactly what I was thinking. This post I just commented on, on fb, these guys had no idea what ones exactly were “ce remakes”. One guy said only the dayglo (probs because the ‘01 ce’s were dayglo *eyeroll*)
But a guy above him posted a picture of a blue one saying “I’ll help anyone identify a remake roc if they need!” So do these guys even know exactly what they’re talking about?

Haha these guys are just fondling flat top star Rancho Rocs and calling them something special.. I dont get it.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 702 Times in 324 Posts

I think they were also just penned with a star or just an R or something like that and I think they came in yellow blue and red, but im not to most certain there. To me there was nohing special about them. I take that back, some had cool stamps. The one that I have left has a mini roc stamp so thats pretty cool. But realistically they arent anything special.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I take that back, some had cool stamps. The one that I have left has a mini roc stamp so thats pretty cool.
Oh yeah Ive seen those cool little stamps. Also little airforce stamps too. Now I know what run exactly they mean! Thanks.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-09-2019, 01:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 215 Times in 108 Posts

I haven’t thrown or handled a real 01 roc, but from my understanding the “remakes” were ran for a USDGC and a couple years ago the remaining ones were stamped and sold on DGU.

But yeah, the name stuck because the majority are dayglow and I would imagine are similar in stability to the OG’s. There are royal blue ones, blood red, a lighter shade of blue, pink, peach, and possibly white. The dayglows are said to be the beefiest but I have royal blue and blood red that are nice also.

I still have a couple and enjoy them, but don’t bag one just because I ran across a white star roc that looks and feels like a remake, just isn’t marked like one. Figure I wouldn’t be as heartbroken if something happened to it.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:10 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,280 Times in 864 Posts

If you love Star plastic and want a Star Rancho Roc, those are about as good as it gets. Star Rancho Rocs have been domey garbage, and that one run was not domey garbage. Other than that, they are OK Rocs. I'd rather just throw a KC Pro and call it a day then search around and pay big $$$ for a decent Star Rancho, though.

Why Star Ranchos stink is a bit of a mystery, but IMO Star plastic tends to be domey. Almost all the crazy pop-top domey discs I have are Star plastic. I have a few that are Pro, but most are Star. I think the reason Destroyers are all over the place is because people love that disc in Star, and Star is just a wildly inconsistent plastic. Why in the Roc mold it seems to be consistently pop-top awful is beyond me. You would think they could accidentally run some decent ones every now and then.

People get weird about "'01 CE Remakes" or "8X KC Remakes" or whatever. Like Innova is intentionally making garbage Rocs but every now and then pull out some special mold piece they are holding back on us and run some awesome Rocs. It makes no sense to me.

Niced: (3)

Last edited by Three Putt; 05-09-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,392 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
People get weird about "'01 CE Remakes" or "8X KC Remakes" or whatever. Like Innova is intentionally making garbage Rocs but every now and then pull out some special mold piece they holding back on us and run some awesome Rocs. It makes no sense to me.
Dude, shhhh! I haven't stocked up on enough good Rocs yet.