Old 06-24-2019, 10:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 329 Times in 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Like how? Are you referring to the interview with Corey?
He did an Instagram live as well as that Corey interview, he is on a plane to Finland right now.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2019, 02:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 673 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consult20 View Post
Something seems strange about the way Eagle is talking about his shoulder "injury". Does anyone else sense this?
Pls elaborate.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 820 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Barsby seems like a really nice guy and he's really popular so no one is really bringing it up, but he fell off a cliff this year. 65th in Las Vegas (NT); 13th at Waco (DGTP); 69th at Glass Blown (NT); 19th at San Francisco (DGPT); 75th at Ledgestone (DGPT). He's not looking like he's going to be a factor at World's regardless of the venue.

Of course he didn't seem like he was going to be a factor last year, either. So what do I know?
Barsby & Bejerkas as of the latest update, are at their highest rating....ever. So they are still playing decent golf, it's just the players above them are taking it to another level.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:35 AM
* Ace Member *

It was interesting to see some of the pros putting with drivers on Sunday. MJ was putting with his machete when the wind was really bad. I saw others putting with drivers as well, it's a good skill to have but I bet not many amateurs practice putting with drivers.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-25-2019, 10:00 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,275 Times in 862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett Evans View Post
I would suggest that he may have peaked.
Or maybe for one glorious tournament he played way over his head, gave us somebody to root for, and managed to seal the deal and walk off with a World's title. I'm OK with that, it was a fun event to follow. If he never comes close to that again, you can't take it away from him.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Pls elaborate.
I haven't seen or heard any evidence that he has seen a medical professional or had an MRI on his shoulder. As far as I know the only people that he has consulted about his injury are his dad and Seth from disc golf strong. As one of the top professional athletes in his field, that just seems strange to me.

Niced: (3)
Old 06-25-2019, 10:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 45
Niced 577 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Or maybe for one glorious tournament he played way over his head, gave us somebody to root for, and managed to seal the deal and walk off with a World's title. I'm OK with that, it was a fun event to follow. If he never comes close to that again, you can't take it away from him.
He has always been hot and cold. He hates playing in wind/poor conditions and has had elbow issues. But when he is healthy and dialed in, he can compete with anybody.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:45 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,152 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Barsby & Bejerkas as of the latest update, are at their highest rating....ever. So they are still playing decent golf, it's just the players above them are taking it to another level.
Separating Barsby from Bjerkaas for a second... like Three-Putt said, Barsby had the tournament of his life right at the correct moment: 2018 Worlds. Sure he might compete at that level again, might win more tournaments. But that Worlds was more like Shaun Micheel or Ben Curtis winning ball golf majors.

Earlier this year, Paige Bjerkaas was playing like she belonged in the FPO Top 3. She was throwing strong and putting confidently and well. And I think (and hope) she can and will continue to do so. At the DLIO, Paige P finished 20-something ahead of EVERYONE except the Black Canary (Catrina), so I won't read too much into Paige B's relatively bad tournament...

Niced: (1)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,510 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
I haven't seen or heard any evidence that he has seen a medical professional or had an MRI on his shoulder. As far as I know the only people that he has consulted about his injury are his dad and Seth from disc golf strong. As one of the top professional athletes in his field, that just seems strange to me.
He's a vegan, they have strange super powers!

Eat a hamburger stick boy, the protein will help!

Niced: (3)

Old 06-25-2019, 08:54 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Exact thing I thought when I watched the video with Cory. If I made my living throwing frisbees my first stop after I left the tournament would have been to see a medical professional to find out what the situation is.