Old 07-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 61 Times in 40 Posts

Keller, that was the kind of insight I was looking for.

BTW - Taking the distance drivers out of my bag has made my last couple rounds more enjoyable. I guess I had unrealistic expectations of those discs. Besides my Escape goes just as far. Now I can focus on the game within my reach, which isn't too shabby compared to the other locals in my age range.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 07-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 46.3
Courses Played: 8
Niced 71 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
I know this sounds unrelated but do you use a cart? It was a game changer for me when I finally started to.
Since the thread kinda went this direction, in what way has a cart changed your game?. I'm 60 with a bad back and carry a light bag because of it. Before I dropped a lot of discs I considered a cart but in many ways it seems more hassle than it might be worth.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,971 Times in 828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthunderchicken View Post
Since the thread kinda went this direction, in what way has a cart changed your game?. I'm 60 with a bad back and carry a light bag because of it. Before I dropped a lot of discs I considered a cart but in many ways it seems more hassle than it might be worth.
I have a bad back as well. Not carrying a bag makes all the difference in the world. I was a cart naysayer until a few years ago when we held an event on a golf course and played out of golf carts all day. At the end of the day I was nowhere near as sore as I expected to be based on having thrown pretty much full power over and over all day. That was when i realized carrying the bag was contributing more to my being sore than the actual throwing.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-07-2019, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Niced 886 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthunderchicken View Post
When I'm not using my cart I use a 12 disc shoulder bag and carry a three legged stool. I always put my bag on my stool while I'm throwing and if I'm not sitting on the stool. A lot less bending over helps me thru a round also.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-07-2019, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
When I'm not using my cart I use a 12 disc shoulder bag and carry a three legged stool. I always put my bag on my stool while I'm throwing and if I'm not sitting on the stool. A lot less bending over helps me thru a round also.
To the bending over point I would also add that I only ever use a mini if I absolutely have to. There is no sense bending over to mark a disc for every throw just to gain a couple inches.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-07-2019, 06:29 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,161 Times in 1,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
To the bending over point I would also add that I only ever use a mini if I absolutely have to. There is no sense bending over to mark a disc for every throw just to gain a couple inches.
^^^ This.

To the more general discussion of a cart: I definitely get it that a cart would do a lot to help my back with bending over, etc. But if your course has a lot of uphill, some fairly steep, is that a negative for the cart, having to pull it up the hill?

Old 07-07-2019, 06:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Going uphill sometimes with a cart isn't a terrible deal.
It's a good tradeoff considering how many times per round you physically lift your bag off the ground.

That said, some courses are really not cart friendly.