Old 08-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 150 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Yeah, and as a part of that one voice you would have a strong say in shaping the PDGA policy. I seriously don't understand how you can dismiss the effect of your trans experience on your position on the board, or why you would even want to deny it.

If the IOC reversed their policy tomorrow and precluded trans women from competing in female events, would you support the PDGA following with them? Or would you rather the PDGA split with the IOC and continue to allow trans athletes to compete as women?
My voice carries the exact same weight of that of any of my fellow Board members; all have one (1) vote. On a Board of 7, that carries 14.29% of the votes, hardly a majority, and as such, not much leverage to push around.
If the majority of the Board voted one way - not necessarily in my advantage - or disadvantage - then that is the way things go.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 107 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, and as a part of that one voice you would have a strong say in shaping the PDGA policy. I seriously don't understand how you can dismiss the effect of your trans experience on your position on the board, or why you would even want to deny it.

If the IOC reversed their policy tomorrow and precluded trans women from competing in female events, would you support the PDGA following with them? Or would you rather the PDGA split with the IOC and continue to allow trans athletes to compete as women?
Being Trans and having an opinion and influence is not the same thing as pushing a trans agenda which Laura isn't even coming close to doing. If anything she is advocating for stricter requirements for gender protected divisions. No one is accusing the gender conforming folks on the board for pushing a straight agenda. We deserve a voice as part of the community hands down.

* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
There was once another thread with similar issues to this, where I posted corroborating links to my assertion of research being oriented towards an end goal and outright fraud. My post of those links was very selectively removed from the thread and sent to the Landfill, where they were called a 'conspiracy theory'. I won't be surprised if this post singled out and treated the same way. Therefore, I won't bother trying again, and we're not going to agree nor change each other's minds on any of this.

My original assertion is that I don't necessarily accept nor trust what the 'scientific research' says just because they say it's 'scientific', nor when someone says we have to accept it because a scientist or doctor said it. It's like when a certain politician said "the science on climate change is settled"... er, no, it's not, and not by a longshot. The assertion that we should accept the word of certain persons without question is what got my hackles up. The rest of it, y'all have fun discussing and debating.
Don't you have duckduckgo searches to conduct?

Niced: (3)
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 447 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
There was once another thread with similar issues to this, where I posted corroborating links to my assertion of research being oriented towards an end goal and outright fraud. My post of those links was very selectively removed from the thread and sent to the Landfill, where they were called a 'conspiracy theory'. I won't be surprised if this post singled out and treated the same way. Therefore, I won't bother trying again, and we're not going to agree nor change each other's minds on any of this.

My original assertion is that I don't necessarily accept nor trust what the 'scientific research' says just because they say it's 'scientific', nor when someone says we have to accept it because a scientist or doctor said it. It's like when a certain politician said "the science on climate change is settled"... er, no, it's not, and not by a longshot. The assertion that we should accept the word of certain persons without question is what got my hackles up. The rest of it, y'all have fun discussing and debating.
That is because your corroborating links were not actual scientific research, but rather articles and editorials from conservative sites with established bias. How credible is a site that publishes a graph with the y-axis scaled so large that it makes any trendline data look flat? Imagine a chart of disc golf driving distance with y-axis values of negative 50 feet and 5000 feet...look, all disc golfers throw basically the same distance!

And it isn't based on political leanings. It would be the same as posting articles and editorials from left-leaning sites that are biased as well.

When you produce independent, peer-reviewed studies, then you can claim that you have examined actual research, and maybe your links wouldn't go to the landfill.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 131
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 656 Times in 298 Posts

For any new members, and since he brought it up himself, here is some more info on SD86 in his own words.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ght=conspiracy

Science and medical information is lost on him, but if you say you heard it on Fox News he will drink it up like water without question.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:12 PM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Insulin definitely works, and for many with more severe diabetes, it is indicated. But I wasn't that severe, and (once again) they hadn't even run a test nor taken a drop of blood, so how could he know where I was? Anyhoo, point being is that you asked if we trust what our doctors tell us, and my reply is 'not necessarily'.
I'll preface this by saying that I also think western doctors overmedicate, and this isn't a personal attack on you. But if I were a doctor and an unhealthy person with a family history of diabetes came in to see me, my assumption would be that if they had the motivation to treat their diabetes through better diet and exercise, they would have already done that. My wife's a wound care nurse though and I'm jaded second-hand from all the stories of diabetic patients who are too lazy to change their habits. They get warned over and over, won't eat better or exercise, won't even use their insulin correctly, end up losing limbs, and STILL don't care enough to change their habits.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
For any new members, and since he brought it up himself, here is some more info on SD86 in his own words.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ght=conspiracy

Science and medical information is lost on him, but if you say you heard it on Fox News he will drink it up like water without question.
Now you did it.
Now we get the rage posts with...
"jackboot"
"lockstep"
"personal attack"

Did I miss any?

Niced: (2)
Old 08-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 546 Times in 292 Posts

You are both engaging in fallacious arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerandhoney View Post
My voice carries the exact same weight of that of any of my fellow Board members; all have one (1) vote. On a Board of 7, that carries 14.29% of the votes, hardly a majority, and as such, not much leverage to push around.
If the majority of the Board voted one way - not necessarily in my advantage - or disadvantage - then that is the way things go.
Having a reduced say in the outcome has nothing to do with it. Even if you only had a 1% voting right, would you use that voting right without regard to your experiences as a trans person? If it were in the best interests of the PDGA would you vote to exclude trans athletes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmithey View Post
Being Trans and having an opinion and influence is not the same thing as pushing a trans agenda which Laura isn't even coming close to doing. If anything she is advocating for stricter requirements for gender protected divisions. No one is accusing the gender conforming folks on the board for pushing a straight agenda. We deserve a voice as part of the community hands down.
I never said she was "pushing a trans agenda". You engage in straw man (person?) tactics on a regular basis and I would ask you to stop immediately.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 242
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,620 Times in 708 Posts

Quote:

That is simply myopic. All board members come with a set of beliefs and experience that shape their opinions. Every board member holds certain ideas as important and surely try to pursue their agendas.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 107 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Yes, I honestly believe that. I don’t see how it would happen any other way. This sport is popular amongst a great many white trash hillbillies in America. It is a free sport that allows you to carry your equipment in a rolling beer case. This issue WILL become an intense one at some point down the road. And when it does, I don’t think that you will be landing on the side of the mid south evangelicals.

To make myself absolutely clear, I am not saying you are wrong for your opinions or life choices. I am merely saying that having you on the board absolutely puts trans issues in the spotlight and having this debate openly is important to avoid a worse situation down the road.
This was in response to her asking you if you thought she would push a transgender activists agenda just because she's one the board. Am I missing something? please enlighten me how this is not saying she's pushing an agenda? You obviously said yes you think she would and you didnt see anyway she would not.

Last edited by Jsmithey; 08-05-2019 at 02:23 PM.