Old 08-05-2019, 02:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 245
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,629 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
You are both engaging in fallacious arguments.

Having a reduced say in the outcome has nothing to do with it. Even if you only had a 1% voting right, would you use that voting right without regard to your experiences as a trans person? If it were in the best interests of the PDGA would you vote to exclude trans athletes?

I never said she was "pushing a trans agenda". You engage in straw man (person?) tactics on a regular basis and I would ask you to stop immediately.
The best retort you have is crying fallacy, dismissing a democratic process and questioning a strangers integrity? That is lame. You should run for President.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 08-05-2019, 02:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,309 Times in 1,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisugawa View Post
Sometimes, the better player is going to win, and sometimes, that win will appear to be a blowout.

The margin of victory is not necessarily significant. And if that is what we're focusing on, if the only possible way Laura could possibly have won this by that margin is because she possesses unfair physical advantages, then please consider this:

In 1993, Shari Carle won the FA1 world championship by 30 strokes. In 2003, Nikki Ross won the FA1 world championship by 41 strokes. In 2006, Nicole Frazier won the FA1 world championship by 37 strokes. In 2015, Jessica Hill won the FA1 world championship by 30 strokes. At the 2017 Am Worlds, Lorena Dostal won what we now call FA50 by 30 strokes.

In 2003, Kathy Hardymann won the FA40 world championship by 47 strokes. FORTY-SEVEN.

No one is questioning the gender of these players or saying they had some kind of obvious unfair advantage.

Nice bit of perspective, and reminder that correlation does not always equal causation.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 551 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
That is simply myopic. All board members come with a set of beliefs and experience that shape their opinions. Every board member holds certain ideas as important and surely try to pursue their agendas.
Not according to the two trans posters in this thread
Old 08-05-2019, 02:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 245
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,629 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Not according to the two trans posters in this thread
You assume to know and understand both of them. Like all people, they have varied and vast life experience. Why would you be so presumptuous, to think that the trans issue would be their only passion, experience and agenda?

Niced: (1)
Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmithey View Post
This was in response to her asking you if you thought she would push a transgender activists agenda just because she's one the board. Am I missing something? please enlighten me how this is not saying she's pushing an agenda? You obviously said yes you think she would and you didnt see anyway she would not.
In response to the issue being forced. You are making it out like I am saying she will stir up trouble for the sake of it. I am clearly saying that when the issue presents itself naturally, she will be operating from the position of a trans woman. And I don't think there is any way in the world she would vote to exclude trans women, regardless of the factors at play.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 107 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerandhoney View Post
What do you think I will bring to the table on the Board? Do you honestly think I will try to push a transgender activist agenda?
where the conversation started
Old 08-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,153 Times in 1,585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knivvves View Post
I'll preface this by saying that I also think western doctors overmedicate, and this isn't a personal attack on you. But if I were a doctor and an unhealthy person with a family history of diabetes came in to see me, my assumption would be that if they had the motivation to treat their diabetes through better diet and exercise, they would have already done that. My wife's a wound care nurse though and I'm jaded second-hand from all the stories of diabetic patients who are too lazy to change their habits. They get warned over and over, won't eat better or exercise, won't even use their insulin correctly, end up losing limbs, and STILL don't care enough to change their habits.
You're totally missing my point, which is: how would this quack know I was unhealthy or even diabetic, since he'd not run one test nor taken a drop of blood for bloodwork tests? You made a lot of assumptions about me as the patient, as well. What I was saying was that the quack was telling me he was going to put me on insulin without having done anything to determine what I really needed. Stop trying to defend that guy; his actions were inexcusable.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 107 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
In response to the issue being forced. You are making it out like I am saying she will stir up trouble for the sake of it. I am clearly saying that when the issue presents itself naturally, she will be operating from the position of a trans woman. And I don't think there is any way in the world she would vote to exclude trans women, regardless of the factors at play.
Of course she would everyone want's their voices heard male/female/transfemale/transmale/GNC folks. No one is going to vote against their best interest including cisgender folks so why would her "agenda" be any different than a cis persons?

Niced: (4)

Last edited by Jsmithey; 08-05-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
You assume to know and understand both of them. Like all people, they have varied and vast life experience. Why would you be so presumptuous, to think that the trans issue would be their only passion, experience and agenda?
All I want to know is whether the duly elected PDGA board member would vote on trans issues based on what is best for the PDGA or what is best for trans people like herself. I am asking in a respectful way and have yet to receive an answer.

I didn't presume to know anything about them but that they are trans. And I have not presumed that trans issues would be their only passion. Troll all you want, my comments are valid.

Niced: (2)

Old 08-05-2019, 02:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmithey View Post
where the conversation started
Wrong. The conversation was going before that and had context beyond the quote. Get over yourself.