Old 08-27-2019, 10:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,171 Times in 547 Posts

I throw old flat top DX Glo Rocs and I would say they fly faster, better on lower lines and can get a bit squirrely if you throw them wrong.

Even though you need good form to throw a Roc far/straight, I always felt the domier KC's were more forgiving to OAT, as they fly a bit more OS.

I do pair the DX Glo's with old KC Rocs and those do have some dome, but I use them for different shots.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2019, 10:33 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysmike View Post
Search for 'flat top kc pro roc' (or find a mcpro roc3, which isn't quite the same anyway IMO) and you'll generally find some store, Marshall st, DGU, etc that has them in stock

They're not hard to find if you look. Otherwise, yea.. I agree I prefer just beating in regular kc pros.
No sounds like those are not hard to find and a good option if you lost a in set a specific KC ROC in the cycle and the newest KC ROC is fairly new. Most online companies do not sort the flat top ROC from the regular in the online store, nice that the only Innova brands online Store DGU sells this way. I figured Marshal Street Still did the sorting but not sure was still done since the ROC 3 was out as well but they do for some plastic. Nice to see that Larger disc sellers online do the separation of discs even if some of the online stores $1 fee is for the selecting of discs in the warehouse.

Now Domed KC ROC is hard to find these days, as it was a specific branded mold that did this. I forget the one since a number of city named molds have been made for the ROC.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:58 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 135
Niced 69 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
. Even though you need good form to throw a Roc far/straight, I always felt the domier KC's were more forgiving to OAT, as they fly a bit more OS.
I don't agree about this. I find domier KC Rocs to be more squirrely than a typical DX Roc (speaking only to 180 g Rocs - weight is a big deal with slow discs). My theory is that the dome makes them slower, but it could have something to do with the dome affecting the orientation of the bevel once a domey Roc cools. Or I could be full of sh1t.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:05 PM
Eagle Member

Got a new 180 g glow DX Roc the other day. Perfect moderate dome and the new glow stamp artwork is top-notch.

I wish they'd offer some runs of regular DX Rocs with different stamps. Maybe run a contest for submissions from artists in the DG community. It'd sell more DX Rocs I think, and give them some personality for those of us that cycle them. As Pulp Fiction taught us, personality goes a long way.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 699 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachd View Post
Got a new 180 g glow DX Roc the other day. Perfect moderate dome and the new glow stamp artwork is top-notch.

I wish they'd offer some runs of regular DX Rocs with different stamps. Maybe run a contest for submissions from artists in the DG community. It'd sell more DX Rocs I think, and give them some personality for those of us that cycle them. As Pulp Fiction taught us, personality goes a long way.
Just buy tournament stamped dx rocs then. I for one hope they dont get rid of the dx roc art, I like the look but then again it really doesnt matter too much to me since I dont buy stock stamped rocs anyway.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 131
Niced 669 Times in 303 Posts

Yup, everytime our club places another order from Innova and the text comes "what should we order?" I almost always reply the same thing.... Flat top DX glow rocs. Sweet discs with our club stamp on it, think I have enough now to maybe suggest something different next time. Maybe.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Just buy tournament stamped dx rocs then. I for one hope they dont get rid of the dx roc art, I like the look but then again it really doesnt matter too much to me since I dont buy stock stamped rocs anyway.
I do. Or shop-stamped.

I wasn;t saying get rid of it. Just saying give some more options for fun.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:37 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
I don't agree about this. I find domier KC Rocs to be more squirrely than a typical DX Roc (speaking only to 180 g Rocs - weight is a big deal with slow discs). My theory is that the dome makes them slower, but it could have something to do with the dome affecting the orientation of the bevel once a domey Roc cools. Or I could be full of sh1t.
You are not, the dome on Sharks tend to be that same way with more float to the disc. It is so much this way that the Shark 3 (only in Champion) flies with more forward glide as opposed to the floating glide the Shark has, even more so the more domed a Shark is regardless of the plastic.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:46 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
After reading through this last page I threw a regular KC glow and compared it against my flat top KC glow the last time I played a round. My flat tops can take all the power I can give them and give me a predictable flight every time. Even in a little wind I can get these to do what I want. The regular KC glow with dome had noticeably more glide, which I didn't care for. It was very floaty and maybe a little slower than the flat top.

I like having a regular KC with a little dome as my super straight/hold any line I need it to roc. The extra glide seems to help it stay in the air and hold the line for a bit longer before hitting the ground.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,171 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:

Well I said more forgiving.

So if you are looking for more specifics; in my experience, a flat top thrown with OAT will just continue on that line, whereas a more OS (not flat Roc) will tend to fight out a bit when thrown off line.