Old 09-09-2019, 03:02 PM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Pilot Neutron/Cosmic Neutron

Looking for thoughts on the difference between The Pilot in Cosmic Neutron and regular Neutron. If there is even a real difference. I ask because I throw and putt with a 166 Cosmic Neutron that some one here suggested and has the disc has been nothing but kind to me. And after letting my GF get a hold of it she seems to be playing better with it than with her Pure. That being said. Seems the 166 Cosmic's are harder to find and was wondering if there is a flight or any noticeable difference between the two plastics. Because we join the local putting league here and we are going to be needing to buy up nine of them. Just trying to find out if they are interchangeable or should i stick with the Cosmic since it works so well. Thank you in advance for the help and thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 48 Times in 34 Posts

I didnt notice difference in stability between neutron and cosmic neutron.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,020 Times in 590 Posts

Edit: Wrong thread...
Old 09-10-2019, 09:54 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 108 Times in 64 Posts

No difference in terms of flight. Neutron/Cosmic are the most stable of the Pilot fleet followed by the Plasma and Proton (both pretty similar and close to flight numbers). Electron maintains its stability the longest, Firm Electron puddle tops quickly and on a flat throw will have more HSS and little to no LSS. Soft Electron are stable and beat to straight. They seem to not get as US as the Firm as quickly. All Electron gains noticeably more glide than the premiums (so far in my experience). Not sure where Glow will fit in there. Perhaps more stable or similar to Neutron (that is my guess at least). We will find out later this week though.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:40 PM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 4
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
No difference in terms of flight. Neutron/Cosmic are the most stable of the Pilot fleet followed by the Plasma and Proton (both pretty similar and close to flight numbers). Electron maintains its stability the longest, Firm Electron puddle tops quickly and on a flat throw will have more HSS and little to no LSS. Soft Electron are stable and beat to straight. They seem to not get as US as the Firm as quickly. All Electron gains noticeably more glide than the premiums (so far in my experience). Not sure where Glow will fit in there. Perhaps more stable or similar to Neutron (that is my guess at least). We will find out later this week though.
Thank you Funguy thats premium info there. And thank you wolf as well. So glad to settle on a Putter finally and feel like i can use it putting or off the tee. And have my Particle if needed.