Old 08-28-2019, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 557 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
As far as discs in this class go they pretty much all have the same general shape/feel in the hand. None of my local shops carry MVP. Is the fireball more comfortable than say a firebird or other similar discs? Most mvp/axiom fairways I have felt are incredibly flat and comfortable to grip.
Yes, all Fireballs I own or have seen are flat and comfortable. Firebirds were always really comfortable for me too for what it's worth, but they seem to have more variance in their dome.

Note that neutron fireballs tend to be run in a slightly softer blend. Not sure why, but I love the way it grips. It's one reason I bag the mold.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2019, 09:27 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 237 Times in 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Yes, all Fireballs I own or have seen are flat and comfortable. Firebirds were always really comfortable for me too for what it's worth, but they seem to have more variance in their dome.

Note that neutron fireballs tend to be run in a slightly softer blend. Not sure why, but I love the way it grips. It's one reason I bag the mold.
Super stable like regular champ firebirds or more akin to a sexton firebird/felon?
Old 08-28-2019, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Super stable like regular champ firebirds or more akin to a sexton firebird/felon?
Been nearly a decade since I tossed a Firebird, but I'd say it's like a "typical" Firebird that's been used for a summer. Very OS with an aggressive fade, capable of nice skips, easy flicks and laughs at headwinds, but it does have a little glide.

That's my seasoned SE Fireball, at least. I've thrown some others in Neutron that flew the same, and I've seen some neutrons with extra high PLH that fly more like the extra OS Firebirds.

Try to compare a few if you can, and buy the PLH that fits the flight you're going for. Lower for a broken in Firebird, as high as possible for pure beef.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-29-2019, 05:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 70 Times in 46 Posts

I need to get a good stiff overstable one. The last one I had (and all the ones available locally) was the new gummy N that doesn't skip well on grass. Fireball needs to come to the ground hot!
Old 09-11-2019, 07:39 PM

Courses Played: 7
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

For those of you who throw a fireball, what other very OS discs do you carry? I have a good backhand and forehand (after some work) and am currently running entropy, resistor, fireball and energy but have been looking into simplifying it into three molds.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,005 Times in 581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I need to get a good stiff overstable one. The last one I had (and all the ones available locally) was the new gummy N that doesn't skip well on grass. Fireball needs to come to the ground hot!
I have yet to see a stiff Fireball.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHyzer View Post
For those of you who throw a fireball, what other very OS discs do you carry? I have a good backhand and forehand (after some work) and am currently running entropy, resistor, fireball and energy but have been looking into simplifying it into three molds.
Entropy, Fireball and Dimension are my 3. I think fireballs power down well enough to drop the Resistor, which I bagged for years.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:40 PM

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I think fireballs power down well enough to drop the Resistor, which I bagged for years.
that‘s exactly what i did. i bagged both for a long time until i realized that my fireball can easily replace the resistor.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:07 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 86 Times in 56 Posts

Entropy, Pyro, Resistor and Fireball are my OS side, Entropy and Resistor see most of the action.