Old 06-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

how do we get our rounds on the ios app from our DGCR site rounds? Or importing? Not seeing how/where to do so yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2016, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 76
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickles View Post
how do we get our rounds on the ios app from our DGCR site rounds? Or importing? Not seeing how/where to do so yet.
Click on view stats, click the 3 line button at top right, then import from DGCR
Old 06-09-2016, 12:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 130
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
Being one of the Beta testers I tried to go write a review but it wouldn't let me since I haven't purchased it YET.

I'll be dumping the other apps I've used once I take the time to transfer all the data from them.
I'm in the same Beta Tester boat. It wouldn't let me review or rate it. I can say, I've been using the PDGA app since it came out and I've tried Udisc. The DGCR APP will be my new app of choice! Having used it for the last month while Beta testing it, I've grown quite fond of it! This will be my main app from here on out. I've even got a couple other of my android Udisc friends to switch over. One of them just said "I've been using the DGCR app for a couple weeks now, and I really like it!" Love it!

Niced: (1)
Old 06-09-2016, 08:47 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 257
Niced 878 Times in 284 Posts

Awesome Russ! Btw, I think you and KniceZ should be able to review it now that you have the actual release versions on your phones.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 113
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

I've used this for a few rounds now and I like a lot of the features, especially the tie ins here to DGCR. Would it be possible add to future release the option for the user to select the navigation app of choice? Right now it defaults to Apple's navigation app and I prefer Google Maps. Also I used it for a tourney where I started somewhere other than hole 1 and it was kinda clunky playing holes on the back 9, skipping the summary page, and then scrolling back to hole 1 to record the front 9. Is there something I'm missing where you can select your starting hole.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:33 PM
*Administrator*

I'm not sure if/when you'll be able to choose a nav app as I guess Apple doesn't make that easy. You can long press on the coordinates for a course and copy/paste them into Google Maps.

For the starting hole, it's something I plan to have added to the app once we get everything stable with this initial release. I'm not sure where you were swiping to go through holes, but if you swipe the hole # bar at the top you can fly through the holes a lot faster.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 96
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
I'm not sure if/when you'll be able to choose a nav app as I guess Apple doesn't make that easy...
I know nothing of app development but UDisc allows you to choose your navigation app- I use Waze regularly.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 96
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

loving the app so far. Have't ever been into the phone based score cards but that might of just changed. The only two things I have found so far is....

1. Can't start a new round from a course's page in the app. I.E I look up courses closest to me and find say Bradford park. I can't start a round from the Bradford page I have to go into my played courses list to start a round or search for it start a round part of the app.

2. Winthrop Gold. The link to it's page it still there on the short course's page but that does't work in the app and if you search you won't find it. Would be nice to have that fixed both on the website and on the app really.

2 Small knocks on a great app however it rocks!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:40 PM
*Administrator*

I want to add the ability to start a round from the course info screen. Right now the only way to start a round is by tapping "Start Round" and then do a nearby search. Originally I figured people would get to a course, tap "Start Round" and go from there but I was clearly wrong

I'm not sure what you mean by Winthrop Gold and the short courses page, it's a temporary course so make sure you have that flag set to find it in the app and on the site.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:47 PM
*Administrator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretdance03 View Post
I know nothing of app development but UDisc allows you to choose your navigation app- I use Waze regularly.
Oh, yea, it's possible and once all the kinks are worked out of this initial release we can start looking into bells and whistles, adding stuff, etc. It's just not as straight forward as Android from what I've been told. You have to scan the phone for what apps the person has installed and then offer those up or something. I know almost as much about app development as you do, just repeating what I've been told