Old 01-02-2017, 10:12 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
Aim For The Chains throws about what we do but just a few feet longer and if I recall correctly throws Photons for big D. MVP discs will hold true to their descriptions and clean up your form, just get one and let it rip.
Photons have become more of my controlled max D slightly OS mold and the octane/catalyst are the true max d bombers. I didnt expect to really need 13 speed molds but the those two keep on hitting some of the longest lines out on the course ive thrown to date... The nitro is a bit too OS and fast for my hyzerflip style max D so i find the photon/defy to work great with the faster octane/catalyst. Been messing with the vanish a bit too but think ill stick with slower virus for US/roller etc.

So many damn good MVP molds these days!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2017, 10:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 557 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
So many damn good MVP molds these days!

Ain't that the truth.

I was going over some old in the bag videos I made and its crazy to think that when I really got into MVP it was just two molds, the Ion and Vector. Still bag both to this day.

Used to be I'd wish there was an MVP disc to fill a certain slot I had to fill with discs from other companies. Now there's so many good molds to choose from I have to decide if Volts/Wraths/Photons overlap too much to carry all three, etc. Great problem to have
Old 01-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

I hear praise of The photon and wrath alot. Whats wrong with tesla?
Old 01-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 114 Times in 89 Posts

Wrath starts out straight to fade and as it beats in just gets straighter with less fade. Tessa has a bit sharper of a fade to it. I personally go crave-volt-defy as they are all straight to fade, but the crave goes almost as long as the volt so the volt may be getting the boot. Photons make good max D drivers for those who like to release flat and can season in to allow for tons of different shot angles. Also comes in a variety of different plastics so everyone gets their weight/feel of choice.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:08 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treekickluv View Post
I hear praise of The photon and wrath alot. Whats wrong with tesla?
Nothing. Tesla is the best 10 speed from MVP. Between all the plastics and unique wts you can cover any stability needed from OS to US and it goes very far... I could honestly just rock teslas as my only distance type drivers if needed.

I use mine mostly as a wind fighting bigger skip action volt and just carry the virus for US 10 speed but had a blast messing witb 135g-155g fissions and few odd domey runs.

Wrath never did much for me when i bag volts and can have seasoned tesla. If i didnt carry either the wrath would be legit.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

Have the new Volt a good workout today. I am pretty impressed overall. I can give it as much power as possible on a BH throw and it goes straight for about 300-325 and the has a predictable fade that takes it another 50 feet or so. FH with a slight hyzer I was able to get in around 400 as long as I didn't let it turn much. Easily up to 350 and extreme accuracy without really trying.

Reminds me of a slightly longer and just a bit more HSS Tyrant.

On another note, my Envy was absolute money today. I was playing the silvers at Oregon Park with my daughter and a friend of hers(first round!). And the longest hole there is only 375 so I only broke out a driver(Volt) once.

But there are about four wooded holes where you need a shot that is basically perfectly straight through the tunnel for 200-250 ft. 4 shots with the Envy, 4 birdies.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:39 PM
FROLF OFF!

The best part of a nice slightly OS volt like yours is once it seasons up a little thr HSS wont change much but the LSS mellows out and the damn disc crushes for a 9 speed on lazer tight lines at 400'
Old 01-02-2017, 07:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 557 Times in 343 Posts

Wrath VS Tesla is a lot like Teebird VS Eagle to me. Wraths tend to be straight with fade and season to be even straighter. Teslas start out straight to fade, with a little more OS of a finish than Wraths, and as they season they develop a bit of high speed turn sooner than Wraths.

Both are great molds that I've had a lot of success with, but I decided to go with Wraths complimented with a more OS driver like an Energy or Fireball.

Another reason I switched to Wraths is they are readily available in a softer neutron blend, and I love that plastic for drivers. That also played a role in me bagging the Insanity over the Inertia. Also the brighter rims on Axiom discs show up better when I film videos.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Nothing. Tesla is the best 10 speed from MVP. Between all the plastics and unique wts you can cover any stability needed from OS to US and it goes very far... I could honestly just rock teslas as my only distance type drivers if needed.

I use mine mostly as a wind fighting bigger skip action volt and just carry the virus for US 10 speed but had a blast messing witb 135g-155g fissions and few odd domey runs.

Wrath never did much for me when i bag volts and can have seasoned tesla. If i didnt carry either the wrath would be legit.
Can you give the plastics from US to OS for the Tesla?

Old 01-02-2017, 09:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,162 Times in 2,213 Posts

I lost five teslas the year they came out. I guess me and that disc weren't meant to be together...
Closed Thread