Old 03-18-2019, 07:53 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 136 Times in 85 Posts

Doth,
You ordered on a Friday and they shipped out on a Tuesday. Geesh. Give'm a weekend to play some dg / rest! I doubt they're big enough to run 24/7. At these prices they may be overloaded and / or B.O.'d. Patience is a virtue.
Karl
Ps: I ordered / have a MOJO too; also took a week+ to get.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2019, 09:56 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 93 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Doth,
You ordered on a Friday and they shipped out on a Tuesday. Geesh. Give'm a weekend to play some dg / rest! I doubt they're big enough to run 24/7. At these prices they may be overloaded and / or B.O.'d. Patience is a virtue.
Karl
Ps: I ordered / have a MOJO too; also took a week+ to get.
Karl,
It took 3 days to get the bag shipped NOT including the weekend but I also have no problem waiting 2 weeks if needed. I just need clear communication.

My displeasure is not from lack of patience, it is because I just spent money with a company that I now have found to have uneceptable customer relations.

Their own email says they will contact the buyer when the item ships and they fail to do so. Not just failed in my case. You can do a quick look on DGCR and reddit and you will see VooDoo has been doing this for MONTHS.

No they shouldn't get a pass regardless of the price and quality of the bag. If they are overworked and backed up then all they have to do is take 5 mins to change their automated email to let everyone who makes an order know what to expect.

I just don't see how I can ever recommend anyone do business with a company that can't be bothered to follow through with their own simple promises and WILL NOT responds after multiple messages sent from a customer.

The more harsh terms I'm using is just because VooDoo has been doing this for months based on the information I have been reading. I think potential buyers should know.

Beside all that the ST3 is sweet, I like alot of stuff about it.\

Cheers!

Niced: (2)
Old 03-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by comphynum View Post
I ordered a Mojo and it came exactly one week later. I also emailed and did not here back. Was recently in a thread on Reddit and someone said the company went belly up and a eBay Store (carryitforless or something like that going from memory) bought up all of the remaining stock. I confirmed the bags were being sold by that eBay store. If they truly went under then that means no more production. At these prices I might buy. JuJu, Karma and another Mojo just to have as I’m real pleased with the Mojo although I don’t have anything to compare it to.
That would explain it. Do you remember how you confirmed the eBay store story?
Old 03-18-2019, 10:12 PM
Bogey Member

comphynum,
I found that ebay seller carryitforless. They have the ST3 in large stock amount and are selling it for $99 = $12.38 shipping. I don't remember my old Ebay account info so I cant message the seller and ask for info. Maybe I will create a new ebay account just to try and learn more.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Golf-B...r=472128033310
Old 03-19-2019, 12:19 AM

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doth_savek View Post
That would explain it. Do you remember how you confirmed the eBay store story?
I looked up the store and saw the listing. According to the futon Reddithe contacted the store owner and the owner was contacted about buying up remaining inventory.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:53 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 31 Times in 21 Posts

That sucks about the customer service issues. I went back through my email history and found order confirmation emails, shipment emails, out-for-delivery emails, and your-package-has-been-delivered emails for all of my orders from Voodoo. I bought 1 mojo, 2 jujus and an ST3 in 2017 in 3 seperate orders. I also found them incredibly responsive via Facebook messenger when I had any questions. That sucks that things have changed so much in less than 2 years. The bags are fantastic.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:02 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I've had a Mojo for about 6 months (playing in the deep south) and I love the bag. If I had one objection it would be the strap clip is a little slippy. The bag itself is great. Side pockets alone can carry 4 discs each if you need them to.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 121 Times in 76 Posts

Got a JuJu in today but its smaller than I hoped. The Mojo is a lil bigger than I hoped. No goldilocks bag for me. They're both exceptionally well made though!
Old 03-22-2019, 12:41 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 696 Times in 395 Posts

Doth, not to be a negative Nancy, but I recommended the company because I knew they would ship you your bag without robbing you and it's a quality product. I comprehend why you won't recommend them personally but if I can trust they'll send you a quality product at a fair price how necessary is communication really?

Faulty product and lack of return discussion is another subject. Assuming said product is in the proper condition how much does it really matter whether they responded to you or not? You got what you paid for in a relatively timely manner.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-23-2019, 09:27 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Doth, not to be a negative Nancy, but I recommended the company because I knew they would ship you your bag without robbing you and it's a quality product. I comprehend why you won't recommend them personally but if I can trust they'll send you a quality product at a fair price how necessary is communication really?

Faulty product and lack of return discussion is another subject. Assuming said product is in the proper condition how much does it really matter whether they responded to you or not? You got what you paid for in a relatively timely manner.

Communication is very important to me, but I know we all have different standards. I think there is a very high value in buying a NEW VooDoo ST3 on ebay for $99. That is an insane price for the apparent durability of the bag. That price is so low that IMO it overcomes the zero recourse you would have from the now likely out of business company. Buying it through that eBay seller actually probably gives the consumer more protection than buying from VooDoo direct. At least on eBay you would have leverage against the seller if you need a return or replacement bag for an immediate problem.

I would say that I did not get what I paid for. I paid $$$ to a disc golf company so that I could examine their product and figure out where they fit in compared to other manufactures. I want to compare quality of design, fabric, execution, as well as compare business practices of the company. I feel they are being deceptive in their business practices by pretending to be a normally operating business and continuing to make promises with no intention of following through. They are basically a closed down company that is pretending everything is normal, probably because whoever is trying to sell the rest of their stock knows that they may have more trouble selling if everyone knew they where out of business. This is not what I paid for. I paid money to review a company that I only later find out is a fake and dead business. I think I'm well founded in my criticism. I will be highly recommending the ST3 for $99 on eBay, but I will not have any good words for the business practice of the brand.

Anyways I don't have any ill words for you GripEnemy, I do see where you are coming from. I just wanted to define my opinion a bit more.

-Doth

Niced: (1)