Old 10-14-2017, 11:39 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Post your interesting disc golf stories

I'm not sure if there's a thread out there like this, but if you've got any interesting stories, then I (and I'm sure everyone else) would love to hear them!

Here's my contribution to this.

A few years ago, I was practicing short throws to a portable basket in my side yard. My house was in a crowded neighborhood, so the front of the house obviously faced a two-lane road. I couldn't see whether or not cars were passing by until the last second because the houses around me blocked my view. I was throwing toward the road, but I was only throwing from about 50-60 feet. No worries, though. It's not like I was throwing drives. No danger, right?

Anyway, on one particular throw, I airmailed my Avair P&A. I'm talking about a full throw into the street. A truck just happened to be passing by at the time. The disc hit the top of the truck, and when it hit, the man honked his horn. You can imagine how scared I was! I didn't know what his reaction would be when I faced him. Thankfully, he was very nice about the whole thing. Needless to say, I didn't throw toward the street again.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 01:28 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 107
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 68 Times in 28 Posts

Uhhhhmm. Wow

Old 10-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 57 Times in 26 Posts

heh. That brought up a memory.
Playing one of those endless 3 on 3 backyard Saturday football games. The neighbor guy from across the street
nervously interrupts our game. He had been edging his sidewalk and driveway with a gas power edger. Seems he hit a rock
or something which jammed the machine and caused it to seize up. Looks down to see the blade is missing.

We found the blade imbedded in the siding of the house behind our yard. It had flown about 30 feet down his driveway, across
the street, over a front yard, between two houses, across our backyard football field, across the neighbors back yard and
lodged in the neighbors' siding about 4 feet off the ground. Just missed going thru their back door.