Old 07-31-2019, 12:03 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
I play on them almost daily. I honestly don’t see what everyone is crying about with spit outs, even after hundreds of rounds on them. Maybe you’re just having a bad day dude, there is nothing wrong with them. I do, however, love that they loom large in the minds of many, which has far more to do with putts staying in. Btw, wanna play for cash after work?
I think it was the old style of top model Prodigy basket that nobody liked even pro players sponsored by Prodigy. Hence the change to the top model Prodigy basket so that I can see in video all you need to do is hard putt to make it in the basket and not Slam putt/driver putt like the older style.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
They’re consistently awesome for me. If it doesn’t stay in, it was my fault.

The only baskets worthy of anyone’s disdain are Mach Xs, which are easily the worst design since the Mach 3.
Mach III is not bad, not great but not bad, about the same level as a Lighting DB-5. The Mach X I would have a slight problem putting not seeing the pole as well. I am a right hand putter and on a basket I use the right side edge of pole to help with aiming for my putts.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:10 AM

Niced 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I wonder if the Firefly will change this. . i can´t think that Innova is SO fond of the fact that most of their pros putt with a Discmania disc ( i know it´s a sister company, but still )
I think every single one of their world champs since Climo used an aviar. Including the reining world champ, both of the players argued as the greatest of all time, and their current top pro.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,284 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
I think every single one of their world champs since Climo used an aviar. Including the reining world champ, both of the players argued as the greatest of all time, and their current top pro.
To be fair Innova have not had that many World champs since Klimo´s last win in 2006 . .but sure both Gregg, Avery and Val Jenkins putts with Aviars ( The only Innova World champs after Klimo in 2006? )

I think the Firefly is for Nate Sexton to get him of the P2. . . and maybe Jerm as well?

Nate and Jerm is arguably two of Innovas most popular players. . and they have putted with P2 the last years

I may be wrong but i feel like Innova and Discmania more and more want their top players to be "brand lojal"
Old 07-31-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
To be fair Innova have not had that many World champs since Klimo´s last win in 2006 . .but sure both Gregg, Avery and Val Jenkins putts with Aviars ( The only Innova World champs after Klimo in 2006? )

I think the Firefly is for Nate Sexton to get him of the P2. . . and maybe Jerm as well?

Nate and Jerm is arguably two of Innovas most popular players. . and they have putted with P2 the last years

I may be wrong but I feel like Innova and Discmania more and more want their top players to be "brand loyal"
I agree and even back in the 2000's Innova made the JK Aviar so that Juliana Korver could be using fully Innova brand discs and not need the side brand Millennium putter a Soft BB Omega that basically uses an older Aviar BB mold for a putter. So Innova for a long time has tried to keep the sponsored players using Innova only and not the side brands. However with Discmania, Innova let that slide since the discs were stored in the Innova warehouse unlike Millennium discs that I am not sure if Millennium has its own warehouse but I think they would if Innova was going to all that trouble in the 2000's to keep players using Innova.

Now Discmania kind of wants to get the same thing since Discmania now has its own warehouse due to the other brand partnerships that Discmania has as of 2019 and they do not really want the players using Innova brand discs like they used to do.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:21 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 306 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
To be fair Innova have not had that many World champs since Klimo´s last win in 2006 . .but sure both Gregg, Avery and Val Jenkins putts with Aviars ( The only Innova World champs after Klimo in 2006)
What??

I’m assuming Feldberg was sponsored by Innova when he won in 2008? I’m not certain, because I had no idea that disc golf existed until a few years later, but I know he was sponsored by Innova before Lat. Right?

If so, then that would mean that more than half of the Worlds titles have been won by an Innova sponsored player since 2006. Even if Feldy wasn’t with Innova in 2008, that’s still 6/12...
Old 07-31-2019, 05:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,284 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
What??

I’m assuming Feldberg was sponsored by Innova when he won in 2008? I’m not certain, because I had no idea that disc golf existed until a few years later, but I know he was sponsored by Innova before Lat. Right?

If so, then that would mean that more than half of the Worlds titles have been won by an Innova sponsored player since 2006. Even if Feldy wasn’t with Innova in 2008, that’s still 6/12...
opps, i kind of "forgot" Paul McBeth lol haha. . silly me thought of him as a Discraft player
Sorry, first week back at work and my brain is still on vacation

Niced: (2)
Old 07-31-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
What??

Feldburg was with Innova when he won his world title in 2008, it was not until 2011-2012 or so that Feldburg went to Latitude 64 and Latitude 64 had enough discs and money coming in to have pro sponsored players.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 07-31-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:37 PM

Niced 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Schultz, Paul, Avery, Climo, Feldberg, Barsby all won world championships with an Aviar. They're not short on champions with an aviar.

No one has ever won a world championship with a P2.

Old 07-31-2019, 03:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,839 Times in 1,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
Schultz, Paul, Avery, Climo, Feldberg, Barsby all won world championships with an Aviar. They're not short on champions with an aviar.

No one has ever won a world championship with a P2.
Outside of Paul, they all won with KC Aviars. Cam Todd was another player who won worlds with Innova in the early 2000's but almost immediately went to Discraft afterwards lol.