Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 07-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Explorer went down from 37 to 68 -- Ricky leaving effect?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2019, 07:01 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 345 Times in 124 Posts

The Roc is only as high as it is because the average Roc thrower owns 17 Rocs and buys 5 more every year looking for that perfect flat top rancho max weight gummy but not too gummy 8x 3rd run with an exact PLH that was only sold one year at one tournament so they can spend an entire year seasoning it so that it flies just perfectly for exactly one round.

#changemymind

Old 07-24-2019, 07:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,171 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
The Roc is only as high as it is because the average Roc thrower owns 17 Rocs and buys 5 more every year looking for that perfect flat top rancho max weight gummy but not too gummy 8x 3rd run with an exact PLH that was only sold one year at one tournament so they can spend an entire year seasoning it so that it flies just perfectly for exactly one round.

#changemymind

I have a 15 year old, as in it has been in my bag for 15 years, DX Glo Roc that I throw all the time.

I buy all of my Rocs aftermarket too.

Can't remember the last time I bought a new one from an actual shop/webstore.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:08 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,153 Times in 1,585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
Explorer went down from 37 to 68 -- Ricky leaving effect?
Very likely.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 705 Times in 289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
I have a 15 year old, as in it has been in my bag for 15 years, DX Glo Roc that I throw all the time.

I buy all of my Rocs aftermarket too.

Can't remember the last time I bought a new one from an actual shop/webstore.
Yeah do any Roc throwers really buy their Rocs online? It's definitely a feel it first kind of disc.

Then again so is the destroyer but somehow Innova sells 5 billion of them a year.

The plastic litter of lost destroyers must be an ecological crisis in some area's of the country.

Niced: (3)
Old 07-25-2019, 01:55 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
The P2 is holding strong, especially for being a putter. It's funny to see it so high because I don't see many locals around here using them.
Same for my local area, See a bunch of Innova and the Hyzerbomb Tank due to that being the only brand outside of Millennium and Hyzebomb sold in my town. Then next most you see from about every other brand an OS putting putter disc that has the Wizard feel and flight or a Challenger like flight for main putter as wind in South Dakota is the issue these people think the main putter needs to address. No they can have the set up like people who started before mid 2000's an OS putter or disc used for this slot for wind and a regular putter. Some Could even have a regular neutral to slight US putter and then use their OS approach putter for wind issues, then have more success putting in calm wind. Some go get a more OS approach putter disc in a baseline plastic for the wind as the only putter to putt with and then some few do not like the Putter at all for wind so they used a OS putter shaped midrange for putting as any wind seems to mess up mentally the way they putt evey time. Saw a kid or teen using a Rat for his putter as that was the only putter shaped disc in his bag.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:08 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
Yeah do any Roc throwers really buy their Rocs online? It's definitely a feel it first kind of disc.

Then again so is the destroyer but somehow Innova sells 5 billion of them a year.

The plastic litter of lost destroyers must be an ecological crisis in some area's of the country.
Destroyer you know people might have been getting from Infinite disc the last of the old Paul McBeth models in early 2019 in January and are now selling them for very big bucks online even thought the mold did not change for the early Ricky molds. That means the last of the Paul McBeth Destroyers were like the early Ricky models, straight wing/rim mistake disc that people did not want.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:46 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 699 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
I buy a ton of rocs online, but to be fair they are all older molds and runs that I am familiar with. Plus I like to buy almost all my discs used. I havent bought a new run of rocs in a long time. Every once in a while Ill come across a nice new run and buy a bunch but that happens once every few years.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 551 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I buy a ton of rocs online, but to be fair they are all older molds and runs that I am familiar with. Plus I like to buy almost all my discs used. I havent bought a new run of rocs in a long time. Every once in a while Ill come across a nice new run and buy a bunch but that happens once every few years.
Are you a collector or does your home course have a tar pit in the middle?

Old 07-25-2019, 09:46 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 699 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Are you a collector or does your home course have a tar pit in the middle?
I used to collect rocs but I havent bought a collector for a while, everything I buy now is a thrower. And I cycle the crap out of rocs so I have lots of them. When I find a fun I like I buy them when I can find them cheap enough.