Old 08-14-2019, 05:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 158 Times in 71 Posts

Join the Medical Committee, and overturn the guidelines.

Having less muscle mass & less explosivity to propel those longer limbs is a detrimental factor you are ignoring in this.
Id not be surprised if they cancel each other out.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 08-14-2019, 05:10 AM
Par Member

Speaking of Medical Committee, the PDGA have their own. Made up of people, all disc golfers, who have a medical background themselves.
From what I understand, they didn't blindly follow the IOC's guidelines, but did research on the topic themselves before adopting the guidelines.

If you don't trust or believe the IOC, I hope you can at least give the PDGA's Medical Committee members the respect they deserve, in trusting their judgement and direction.

Niced: (3)

Last edited by gingerandhoney; 08-14-2019 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:01 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 32
Niced 578 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerandhoney View Post
If you don't trust or believe the IOC, I hope you can at least give the PDGA's Medical Committee members the respect they deserve, in trusting their judgement and direction.
Hmmm....
Old 08-14-2019, 08:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 831 Times in 498 Posts

Quote:
The fact that YOU (and the countless other haters) don't agree with the outcome, is your prerogative. That, however, doesn't make the guideline any less valuable or leading.
Haters.....really? People who don't agree....are haters?

Old 08-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 123
Niced 241 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Join the Medical Committee, and overturn the guidelines.

Having less muscle mass & less explosivity to propel those longer limbs is a detrimental factor you are ignoring in this.
Id not be surprised if they cancel each other out.
Who is ignoring this? Muscle mass is a factor. No one is saying otherwise. I don't think anyone is denying that muscle mass is a factor. YOU are the one ignoring other factors.

We don't have to join any committee to criticize the guidelines.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Haters.....really? People who don't agree....are haters?
No, that's no what I am saying.
I am referring to the 1000+ messages of calling me a cheat, a man, not a woman, it, using my old name, accuse me of just pretending, calling me slurs, calling me and all other transgender people mentally ill, categorically refuse to acknowledge that transgender people have the right to exist (we should just - pun intended - man up), and the list continues.

People who simply talk about male advantage are not haters, they are often between "well it must be right there is male advantage" and "negating all the work that the IOC's and other sports authorities' Medical Committees have researched for years and years.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgreen View Post
Who is ignoring this? Muscle mass is a factor. No one is saying otherwise. I don't think anyone is denying that muscle mass is a factor. YOU are the one ignoring other factors.

We don't have to join any committee to criticize the guidelines.
I KNOW muscle mass is a factor. I am telling you it is every #€&%@ขฎงถ time.
ALL I am saying is, and you and the others across the 60+ topics I know of, is that removing testosterone VERY SEVERELY impacts muscle mass,to such an extent that the IOC ruled that when testosterone is suppressed enough, for long enough, any muscle mass advantage is cancelled.

Criticise the guidelines all you want.
Come with peer-reviewed and published proof, and you might help overturn the guidelines. Until then, please, at least extend a level of courtesy to those who abide by the guidelines that are currently active.
I am - not in this topic, but in the dozens of other topics - being lambasted for *just pretending*, and am completely ignoring the current guidelines, while people don't even know what those guidelines are.

Last edited by gingerandhoney; 08-14-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Par Member

Quote:
... VERY SEVERELY impacts muscle mass,to such an extent that the IOC ruled that when testosterone is suppressed enough, for long enough, any muscle mass advantage is cancelled.
Correction.
VERY SEVERELY impacts muscle mass,to such an extent that the IOC ruled that when testosterone is suppressed enough, for long enough, that muscle mass advantage is all but completely cancelled out.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 831 Times in 498 Posts

Quote:
No, that's no what I am saying.
I am referring to the 1000+ messages of calling me a cheat, a man, not a woman, it, using my old name, accuse me of just pretending, calling me slurs, calling me and all other transgender people mentally ill, categorically refuse to acknowledge that transgender people have the right to exist (we should just - pun intended - man up), and the list continues.

People who simply talk about male advantage are not haters, they are often between "well it must be right there is male advantage" and "negating all the work that the IOC's and other sports authorities' Medical Committees have researched for years and years.
ok, thx for replying. I'm sure it's hard for you not to assume some hatred based on what you have gone through. But as far as this thread goes... sure it's a bit heated at times but I think...there has been no blatant hatred being shown.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 123
Niced 241 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
I KNOW muscle mass is a factor. I am telling you it is every #€&%@ขฎงถ time.
ALL I am saying is, and you and the others across the 60+ topics I know of, is that removing testosterone VERY SEVERELY impacts muscle mass,to such an extent that the IOC ruled that when testosterone is suppressed enough, for long enough, any muscle mass advantage is cancelled.

Criticise the guidelines all you want.
Come with peer-reviewed and published proof, and you might help overturn the guidelines. Until then, please, at least extend a level of courtesy to those who abide by the guidelines that are currently active.
I am - not in this topic, but in the dozens of other topics - being lambasted for *just pretending*, and am completely ignoring the current guidelines, while people don't even know what those guidelines are.
Maybe English not being your first language is getting in the way a bit here. That isn't a criticism of you as I think for the most part things are being communicated back and forth fairly well, but I think there was a trip up here.
So let me say this again. No one here is saying that muscle mass isn't a factor. It is. What I am criticizing you for is ignoring that there are other factors.

A peer reviewed paper isn't necessary for things like basic physical facts like longer levers giving a greater mechanical advantage. Do I need to go out and find a peer reviewed paper that states that or can we all just recall back to our 6th grade science classes?