Old 09-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_vandelay View Post

I'm one of the people that sees all the variation in their plastics as a good thing because there is something for everyone. I have no idea what all the blends are like but I don't care to because I can always find something I like.
I actually like that they have so many choices, but I just wish they were more up front about what those choices are (especially with the special blends) so people can make more informed purchases.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-11-2017, 09:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 98
Niced 232 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
I actually like that they have so many choices, but I just wish they were more up front about what those choices are (especially with the special blends) so people can make more informed purchases.
I'm not even sure they know themselves but they keep on turning plastic into Magics. See what I did there?
Old 09-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

Looks like infinite discs is starting to list the SB number on their page. Not all of them have it, but at least half do. Musta been all those emails I sent them and all the checking I had them do

Shout out to infinitediscs.com for anyone that doesn't buy through them or know if them. Their customer service was awesome, and now they're making a proactive change so people don't have to reach out for this info. Plus with pics of each disc, good prices, fast & cheap shipping, and variety of brands, there isn't really a need for me to get my discs elsewhere. I'll get an occasional discs at my local shop to support, but infinite has them beat too.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

I was interested in some Gateway discs and went to their site to learn more. It was not easy or organized with plastics. If they updated the site and updated the info so that consumers KNOW what they want it would help everybody. They make great putters yet there are SO many runs and so many variations that its all just a grab bag I feel
Old 09-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,392 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I was interested in some Gateway discs and went to their site to learn more. It was not easy or organized with plastics. If they updated the site and updated the info so that consumers KNOW what they want it would help everybody. They make great putters yet there are SO many runs and so many variations that its all just a grab bag I feel
That's why you contact them with what you want exactly. This has been posted ad nauseum in this thread and just about every other Gateway thread. I think I've spent more time on this reply than on every time I've contacted Gateway for the 100+ Wizards I've bought from them combined.

There seem to be two arguments in this thread, Contact them and tell them what you want, and they'll hook you up and I have no idea how to figure out what I want. I guess no one actually reads comments.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:20 AM

Courses Played: 15
Niced 36 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
That's why you contact them with what you want exactly. This has been posted ad nauseum in this thread and just about every other Gateway thread. I think I've spent more time on this reply than on every time I've contacted Gateway for the 100+ Wizards I've bought from them combined.

There seem to be two arguments in this thread, Contact them and tell them what you want, and they'll hook you up and I have no idea how to figure out what I want. I guess no one actually reads comments.

And I guess Gateway will continue to ignore customer requests and rely on dated business practice.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Niced 1,392 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini55 View Post
And I guess Gateway will continue to ignore customer requests and rely on dated business practice.
Can't comment on being ignored. They have picked up the phone every time I've called, and they've has answered every email.

Not sure why you think they need to change their business practices. Do you own some of the company?

Old 09-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 22
Niced 99 Times in 61 Posts

I just looked at their site, and while there is definitely a lot of information there, it's still super confusing. They wrote a whole article/post comparing the wizard to the aviar, but they never address how the flexibilities match up to other discs. The info seems a bit dated as well. Are they still only offering 4 flexibilities? I know dude said to call them, but do people really want to have an in depth conversation about disc firmness when they could just read a quick blurb online? Maybe that's what he means about updating business practices. I don't know. I like wizards, and like the numerous options in feel to them, but it's definitely confusing.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 98
Niced 232 Times in 124 Posts

I'm guessing they could sell a ton more wizards if they had a better marketing plan and all the other things that go along with a modern business including an up to date, informative website. I sort of get the impression they don't give a ****e and are doing very well thank you. The lack of a coherent plan is a plan in a way.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 163
Niced 1,173 Times in 578 Posts

You know what they are super good at?

Making what is arguably the best effing putter of all time.