Old 10-21-2013, 12:46 AM

Courses Played: 19
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My New Bag 5.11 MOAB 6

I recently got a new bag. I have a Nutsac, that I loved, but I kept finding myself wishing I had a few more pockets/space for a few more discs. I went searching through all the DIY threads and thought about taking on a bookbag project. I was in my local gun/outdoors shop looking around and I stumbled upon this:

http://www.511tactical.com/bags-pack...sh-moab-6.html

Of course, I instantly I wondered how discs would fit in it. So, I literally came back the next day with a handfull of discs and gave it a run for its money. I was blown away with how perfectly discs fit in this bag in multiple compartments.

Not only do they fit the bag stands up straight with a few discs in it. I could see maybe some corrugated plastic for a little more empty rigidity. For a bag not made for DG, even against a DG brand bag, I was really impressed. I love that it has the extra compartments I was always missing from the Nutsac. Ie: a place for my phone, wallet, keys, snacks etc. I can easily roll up my pullover/rain jacket and fit it with room to spare in the smaller front pocket. Not hating on the Sac, I'll keep it for quick outings/lend to friends whenever. It just didn't quite cut it for me in the end.

One of my favorite specs is the pocket on the back designed for holding a camelbak bladder. It fits my Aviar like a glove! A perfect built in putter pouch, plus it adds to the rigidity of the bag.

The only thing missing was something to tote my large water bottle around. A cool feature about the bag is that it's completely customizable because its lined with MOLLE. I found a condor h20 pouch for $16 on amazon and it fits snugly on the side and could easily hold a large nalgene. Down the road if I decide I need more space I could add another MOLLE pouch and tote more knick-knacks. Pretty glad I just said knick-knacks btw... any who...

Now, I'm not one to tote 30+ discs, partially due to the fact I don't own that many. So I know this wont suit that crowd, but in the pics below I've got 8 (could definitely fit a few more) in the main compartment and my putter in the back. Check the link above for all the hidden pockets on this thing. I'd have to take 20 pics just to do it justice, but here's a few to show how I've got it set up.

Lemme know whatcha think!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.9 KB, 153 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

That looks awesome, it's always great having extra storage area and a backpack feels nice on longer rounds too.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks cool, but for $10 less you could get a Voodoo Juju.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmm... not sure why the pics didn't work last time.

Ya the JuJu doesn't look bad. I just love how rugged this bag is, on top of how easily customizable it is with the MOLLE webbing. I just used it as my carryon bag last week. Fit the discs I needed, a book, my iPad, chargers and all kindsa mess.

BTW West Texas wind is no joke...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Oct 20, 21 53 56.jpg (114.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Oct 20, 21 54 28.jpg (130.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Oct 20, 21 54 32.jpg (98.3 KB, 80 views)
Old 11-12-2013, 09:12 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

neat bag! holding up?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Niced 695 Times in 394 Posts

Sweet for sure, just indifferent about $75+ on a DIY bag.

Let us know how she olds up!

Old 11-15-2013, 09:56 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya she's holding up great so far. Played in the pouring down rain once already. Not water proof but held up great, and dried fast.

Grip, ya I was the same way. My wife literally told me to buy it. I got me a good one :P If it was something I was going to have to mod as a DIY, I didn't really want it. I love a project and all, but it was pricey if it needed work. But, I haven't had to do anything outside of the water bottle attachment. It stands up on its own, as long as you have at least 2-3 discs in it, and has a lot of space for extra mess. And has 500 places to hook stuff on if wanted. lol To not be a DG bag it sure does fit discs perfectly. It's got 2 velcro spots now I just need to find me some cool patches I can put on it

Thanks for the feedback!