Old 12-08-2018, 05:09 PM
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,116 Times in 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
MJ, couple questions. Is purple your favorite color disc? I notice you throw a lot of purple discs which I feel is an uncommon color for most.

What is your favorite current production plastic for mantis?
I do like purple, just kinda happens to end up what I throw a lot. Its also just one of those colors I can see and find really well in the woods.

At this point in time I usually use regular Z mantis. Kinda want to see what they would be like in the swirly esp
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 12-08-2018, 06:20 PM
Par Member

Niced 34 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj20300 View Post
I do like purple, just kinda happens to end up what I throw a lot. Its also just one of those colors I can see and find really well in the woods.

At this point in time I usually use regular Z mantis. Kinda want to see what they would be like in the swirly esp
Hopefully discraft runs some swirly esp mantis. I picked up a few 2018 esp discs as per your recommendation and I'm loving this plastic.Definitely will pick up a mantis if they run it in this plastic.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 173 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Hopefully discraft runs some swirly esp mantis. I picked up a few 2018 esp discs as per your recommendation and I'm loving this plastic.Definitely will pick up a mantis if they run it in this plastic.
Ledgestone is producing Swirly GLO ESP Mantis this year.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 173 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Also might try a Steady...the wing looks exactly the same.
I have always heard the Steady is a Banger GT rim with a Challenger top.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-11-2018, 10:09 AM
Par Member

Niced 80 Times in 58 Posts

Finally my Z banger has arrived. MJ (or anyone else) Have you messed around with one of these? Due to the horrendous outpouring and wind outside I haven’t been able to get outside and throw for awhile. Curious to see how it stacks up against an ESP.

Also why do you prefer to cycle pro-D bangers instead of jawbreaker / x-soft? Purely down to feel?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7D6C46B1-FAFF-42E5-A273-A9051633DEA9.jpg (107.7 KB, 66 views)

Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Courses Played: 24
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Finally my Z banger has arrived. MJ (or anyone else) Have you messed around with one of these? Due to the horrendous outpouring and wind outside I haven’t been able to get outside and throw for awhile. Curious to see how it stacks up against an ESP.

Also why do you prefer to cycle pro-D bangers instead of jawbreaker / x-soft? Purely down to feel?
I have that same banger, and another one that is more blue. They seem way less grippy than the other plastics, and since I fan grip bangers more than my other discs, they came out of the bag pretty quick. Plus, the ones I got were 169g (which was sort of annoying, because when I ordered them off the Discraft factory store, the page said that there was no option to pick color or weight because all the discs were heavy and opaque white).

I bag one D, one Jawbreaker, and one MJ banger (before that I used one of the MDGO ESP bangers). I usually use the D for approach shots over or near water. I honestly feel like I have the best control with the Jawbreaker... the problem is it seems like right about the time where the Jawbreakers get nice and beat in, the thumb track starts to pop out.

Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM
Par Member

Niced 80 Times in 58 Posts

Yeah i have noticed the Z plastic is certainly slicker (not going in the bag for the winter at least) although i do like the idea of a very stable/durable banger too. Mine came in at 172g.

Funny you say that about the jawbreaker, Mine hit a tree in the woods awhile ago and instantly part of the thumb track retracted upwards (and warbled quite a bit). Jawbreaker has great grip however.

I seem to enjoy the X-soft the most so far for feel and flight. The only banger i haven't tried out is a Pro-D, and i see so many people swear by them over the x-soft... Might have to try one out!

Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 63
Niced 339 Times in 175 Posts

I love seeing you still playing at a high level. I miss being able to play rounds with you, if I shot well enough.

You ought to come up to VA and play some of Biscoe’s new courses. I’m pretty sure you’d dig Lake Marshall and Freedom Center. I’m pretty sure you’d get a kick out of my home course too.

Always stay the same MJ,

Fluke