Old 12-10-2018, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,217 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
On the other hand I found a course at Silver Creek Township hall southwest-ish of Traverse City, Michigan recently. Funny thing was it isn't listed here on DGCR but is listed in the Udisc directory. I thought seriously about going through the trouble of gathering the info to list it and playing the course but it was such a raging piece of poo I could not bring myself to go through the effort of what I was going to definitely rate a zero.

-Dave
I'd say even if a course is listed in one place but not another, it probably isn't a good idea to add it to other lists without permission. If only for the possibility that the listing you found might have been done without authorization and isn't welcome by the course owner.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 157
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 63 Times in 20 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ

I was going for a walk one day and I saw a basket in the lawn of Dean Health. It was crazy because it was unlisted and only a block from where I was living at the time.

It was pretty exciting to walk over there and to discover 5 catchers laid out around the building.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:57 AM

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the lectures on trespassing, I was unaware that was frowned upon. For the record the sign at the course said it was a public course. I did get permission afterwards to add it to disc golf websites.

Some of you had neat stories, thanks for that.You never know where a basket can grow.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 541
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

I was in Idaho recently. I stayed in Idaho Falls on my way to Jackson, WY. I played the little 9-hole courses near my hotel (while my wife was still sleeping), and on my way back to the hotel, I saw some baskets out of the corner of my eye. Upon investigation, there was a full 18 holes course at the community college.

Knowing the course management may not want to be listed, I found the local club on Facebook and sent them a message about putting the course on DGCR. They didn't reply, but within a day someone put it up. Here's a link:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10149

DSCJNKY
Old 12-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 131
Niced 52 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCJNKY View Post
I was in Idaho recently. I stayed in Idaho Falls on my way to Jackson, WY. I played the little 9-hole courses near my hotel (while my wife was still sleeping), and on my way back to the hotel, I saw some baskets out of the corner of my eye. Upon investigation, there was a full 18 holes course at the community college.

Knowing the course management may not want to be listed, I found the local club on Facebook and sent them a message about putting the course on DGCR. They didn't reply, but within a day someone put it up. Here's a link:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10149

DSCJNKY
WOW! 5 other courses within 4 miles of this one?
You go, Idaho Falls!!

Old 12-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 277 Times in 195 Posts

I've found a couple here on my 14 mile long 7 mile wide Island.. There's one I'd like to play where I've done some work but the old fella didn't know where it started since his kids set it up. So one day... played two other private courses here unlisted and there is one my neighbour put in that I really want to play but his wife isn't too into lots of people showing up.. Don't blame her it can be a gong show.

We had a fire up here six years ago from a dropped cherry off a smoke, scary ****! Every year no matter how many times I say no smoking while out on the course someone always does last year someone put one out in a tree stump and it smoldered until another group watered it. It is too bad there are ignorant people we are one incident away from shutting it down.

For insurance purposes I do not advertise my course the annual throw together dubs tourney is word of mouth I have almost 100 friends and if anyone lists my place on Udisc I will freaking kill you.

Haha I was tempted to list it on DGCR and give it a five rating which would likely be undisputed regardless of accuracy.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 125
Niced 2,272 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
.....and if anyone lists my place on Udisc I will freaking kill you.

Haha I was tempted to list it on DGCR and give it a five rating which would likely be undisputed regardless of accuracy.
Once it gets listed anywhere, you'll never corral it. Other people will list it on less-frequented sites, and there are sites that just scrape other sites and to create their own listings.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 1324
Niced 122 Times in 51 Posts

Hi @iDiscgolf,

All three of these private courses are listed on DGCR and have been for some time.
Some welcome visitors like the Xerox course while the Tektronic course sits in a business park but I encountered no security guards while others have. The Intel course has no trespassing signs posted so play at your risk. But they all count on DGCR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
I see courses around the Portland Metro where allot of the corporate campuses like intel, tektronix, xerox etc have private courses. These aren't listed on dgcr either. Theyre not top notch, but pretty cool the company's think of putting their land to easy use like a dg course.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35.7
Courses Played: 233
Niced 989 Times in 464 Posts

Several summers ago, Mrs. ru4por had dragged me out to a crap show. High end gig with entertainment and a civil war re-enactment camp back on the hill of a park. I convinced her to go check out the cannons, set to fire at the top of the hour. As we got back into the park, lo and behold.....BASKETS. I was familiar with the area and had no idea they were there. Turns out to be a crappy nine hole course. I headed back to the car to grab a mid and putter. Started to play, but angry civil war "vets" (blue and grey) were soon objecting. Given the cannons and all, I packed it in. I have never been back.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,022 Times in 692 Posts

I was fishing at a park off the Mississippi this summer when I noticed a sign for DG. I was excited but quickly let down when I only found some flags and spots for future baskets. Layout seemed nice! Not going to lie I was playing it in my head already haha.