Old 12-09-2018, 03:40 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 511 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I think the Wraith is closer to a Teerex than the Xcal is. The few Teerexes I ever threw seemed to fly like Wraiths, but with a slightly harder fade. The XCal is a speed faster than the Teerex and a whole lot more overstable. It also glides less. Side by side I'd get much more distance out of a Teerex than an Xcal.

Xcal: 12, 4, 0, 4.
Teerex: 11, 5, -0.5, 3. Teerexes actually have a bit of high speed turn.
Xcaliber on Innova site is actually a 12,4,0,4 but the Turn to the disc limits all the glides use for Distance and rather it glides with the direction of turn at end of disc flight.

TeeRex on Innova site is actually a 11,4,0,4 which is why I asked if the disc was a Xcalilber that replaced it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2018, 03:55 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 511 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Well the TeeRex was actually one of those molds that secretly had an X and L version so it's kind of anybody's guess what a TeeRex is supposed to fly like. I think I had a 'L' version. It seemed quite overstable when it was new but A) I was a complete n00b and B) I had it for so long that it became uncontrollably flippy. I don't think the X versions ever got real flippy. But I'd say try a speed slower and get a Star Starfire or maybe a S-DD b/c they can be a slightly more OS Wraith. Maybe a PDx? I guess the TeeDevil OOPed the TeeRex but I've never heard anybody really like those either.
TeeDevil was supposed to be faster in flight 12 speed but like a worn out TeeRex in the flight line. The dome on a TeeDevil is why it is not really liked and the flight was flippy The TeeRex was liked by those who use a forehand better and more then backhand as it was a speed 11,4,0,4 like a Xcaliber with a tad less glide but not as beefy because the disc is a lower speed and thus required less power to throw. I could not use a TeeRex, those discs were too far to the left for me but my dad could for forehand stuff.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 61
Niced 12 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innova63 View Post
Curious, which generation of Gazelle(and plastic) you are refering too...?
My guess would be the 11x. They still make the DX ones so the mold isn't OOP at least.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 35 Times in 23 Posts

I love me some star and champ aero's, I don't love the facebook market prices though...

I have a plastic addicts Habit that flies pretty close but a little more US off the shelf.
I'm trying like hell to like it so it can be an easier to find backup...
Old 12-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 686 Times in 475 Posts

One disc I liked that no one else seemed to was the Karbon Cell, you can kind of still get it, the Yao is the same disc. But they don’t run it in Tiger line plastic anymore.

The plastic feels really good and grippy and they molded up way flatter. All premium Yao have a pretty good sized dome. It made them a bit less stable and glide. Like a smaller diameter Truth, but maybe a touch more fade.

I have thrown Bards for a couple years now, but I still have a few of these guys that I’ll use in wet weather.

They are about as durable as a chocolate kettle though...
Old 12-12-2018, 11:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 75
Niced 78 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Eagle L, especially the old pat # version of the mold. #RIP

Have tried the Exodus in S-Blend and it's a fine disc, but not truly a replacement. Have not seen any reviews on the luster version. I was hoping those would mold up flat and be close to the old flatter opaque champ 11X Eagle L's. However, those are still being made in the newer/Post-Patent-Number iteration of the mold.
Wait? They made a luster exodus. I am really digging the Exodus but want a nice flat one, they just aren't the same as the old Eagle Ls that I have.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 576 Times in 287 Posts

Hmm, I thought they did. There are certainly some "C-blend" (champ) Exoduses, I see a few for sale on eBay currently. They are nice and opaque, i.e. not the jolly launcher variety. Not sure if it's exactly what Innova would call luster. But they sure look decent!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,200 Times in 571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mart View Post
My guess would be the 11x. They still make the DX ones so the mold isn't OOP at least.
No they don't. The Gazelle is OOP as to Wade from DGC in a question I asked him. They are no longer on the order list from Innova.

I was throwing the DX ones you could buy in the shops for the last few years, so my guess is that they were the last run.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 93 Times in 60 Posts

The Discraft Eclipse was my favorite for the longest time. Discraft didn't replace it, best I can tell. So I throw an MVP Relay instead.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:35 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 37 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post
Wait? They made a luster exodus. I am really digging the Exodus but want a nice flat one, they just aren't the same as the old Eagle Ls that I have.
Flattest ones were light blue high 150g's in star (mine is 159g). Also fly more stable than the heavies IME and have a higher PLH. I have thrown some of the first run yellows (s blend) in high weights and I can get them to turn a little with 300' power (the light blues are still no turn for me at 330'). I'm at about 5000 feet for reference.

Not sure if they have any of the first run light blues left but they were the best throwers for what I wanted out of them. The yellow I threw was still useful but seemed less stable fresh than I expect of an Eagle L.