Old 10-31-2018, 12:30 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Great stuff thanks guys! Feel like I’m
Getting closer every week, albeit micro amounts! End of the season here rapidly approaching
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2018, 02:03 AM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

https://youtu.be/APxfVFXM-To

Getting rid of that lean is tough stuff! How’s the pump timing looking now?

Had a mini breakthrough as it was getting too dark to see what I was throwing... typical! Essentially just stood more upright throughout the x step, I felt more torque on the rotation immediately.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 216
Niced 1,989 Times in 1,264 Posts

Better. Need smaller taller steps. More upright posture through hips as feet cross back and forth - extend legs. Then squat/turn back further into rear leg striding into plant and fall more upright on front leg/hip.

Watch Robbie Bratten's footwork, more upright/hop in x-steps and then falling into the plant and starts swinging after the plant:
Old 11-04-2018, 04:29 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Got out this morning. Almost didn’t want to post this to not waste peoples time but I think the pump timing is improved somewhat. Didn’t watch until after the round and turns out my buddy had a funny angle. Just cannot get upright enough. At least I understand what needs to be done. Fairways are going 350-360 consistently now. Where does the extra 40+ come from? I’m still having nose up issues as I work on other things so that could be a huge contributing factor.

https://youtu.be/AhhILlXg3KU

I also made a little compilation of my form journey so far, funny watch and see the changes. Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated!

https://youtu.be/-7KXvbeUBy4
Old 11-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 135 Times in 107 Posts

Looks to me like you are opening/starting the swing with the upper body too early before getting weighted on your front foot.

Here is where you are fully turned back, weight on the rear foot.

And here is approximately when the weight settles on your front leg

So you're losing a lot of space in your swing by opening a little early.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-04-2018, 10:53 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I see that now! So shift weight more to front leg before swing. I know it’s been said a thousand times before
Old 11-04-2018, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

...and hop more vertical than horizontal. You are covering way too far a distance, so you end up leaning away from target behind or outside of the rear leg. You should be landing more inside or in front of the rear leg.

But fundamentally should scrap the x-step/hop and work on actual swing efficiency with less moving part/momentum in One Leg Drill and Standstill.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hey guys. Haven’t managed to get out and throw much due to cold temps but we got a chinhook last week so I went out. Managing to stay more upright, but for some reason inherited grabby disc syndrome. Never done that before! Still leading with the shoulders too much. How’s the rest of it looking? Headed to the uk over Christmas so will have lots of time to work on things. Thanks everyone!

https://youtu.be/dCFGjD83Rps
Old 12-11-2018, 06:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Somewhat better, still looks like you are bending the knees too much in the x-step too early, you want to bend/squat later after crossover striding into the plant, not when your feet are crossed or crossing. You lost that beautiful pre-swing so now your elbow is sitting down at your hip and hugging yourself with upper arm against body. Need to widen out your upper arm away from your body and turn your shoulders further back/door frame drill. If you bowl into the backswing you should naturally tilt your spine so that your arm swings through vertical with the body out of the way and shoulder will pendulum back and forth further.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:53 AM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Awesome stuff thanks man. Yea super weird why I stopped the pre swing, coukd just be a unsure footing thing. I stopped doing it when we went glo-golfing on Tuesday night.
I’m understanding so much more now, and went back to watch quite a few videos of yourself / Jason / pro’s forms and noticed how much squat there was after the crossover, something I hadn’t caught before. Also via that realized how straight I’m planting and bracing! Excited to work on it.