Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,186 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I bet Keegan is a meat eater.

Enough said.
To be fair I hope he is. He needs the protein to recover from all the failing at life he does.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2019, 12:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,451 Times in 1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Eagle's BH doesn't recoil the rear leg like that, it everts forward like 6-12" before it might ever recoil back. His back foot on his FH basically stays in place and then actually backs away.
Hmm...I can see that. His rear femur/knee still move forward under him in his FH shot, so is some of this maybe due to the direction of the counter/shift and how centered you are in a rear arm FH swing vs. being more closed and the arm releasing earlier in a lead arm BH swing? Like I'm thinking a rear arm swing as in FH is more similar to a two handed baseball swing, and many pro batters have a similar thing going on with their rear toes essentially staying in the same place in space but the heel and knee move more targetward.

Going by feel, if I keep my rear toes in a similar place in FH it makes my torso swing forward way more kind of like how Eagle is so tilted. Whereas when I let my rear foot come forward as I normally do in my throw, I feel more upright since my leg isn't way back there needing to be counterbalanced with my body forward.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,509 Times in 1,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Hmm...I can see that. His rear femur/knee still move forward under him in his FH shot, so is some of this maybe due to the direction of the counter/shift and how centered you are in a rear arm FH swing vs. being more closed and the arm releasing earlier in a lead arm BH swing? Like I'm thinking a rear arm swing as in FH is more similar to a two handed baseball swing, and many pro batters have a similar thing going on with their rear toes essentially staying in the same place in space but the heel and knee move more targetward.

Going by feel, if I keep my rear toes in a similar place in FH it makes my torso swing forward way more kind of like how Eagle is so tilted. Whereas when I let my rear foot come forward as I normally do in my throw, I feel more upright since my leg isn't way back there needing to be counterbalanced with my body forward.
Eagle always looks like he is throwing really hard with a lot of arm action and his rear knee doesn't really move forward behind the front knee like you see in Rick and Walter Johnson and me.

Niced: (1)