Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 02-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
Not blizzard, but they do have weights down into the upper 160's.

DX Condors
You can get lower. I ordered a 131g from Marshall St recently. Haven't gotten to throw it yet, but it has a weird silver and black camo pattern to the stamp
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 286 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post
You can get lower. I ordered a 131g from Marshall St recently. Haven't gotten to throw it yet, but it has a weird silver and black camo pattern to the stamp
Yep, people frequently mistake those uber light ones for champ plastic because they sometimes start getting slightly translucent when the weights get that low.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 43 Times in 28 Posts

Slightly OT but I don't want to start a new thread. Got my first Condor ever in the mail yesterday. I ordered a 180g DX so that it would have similar feel to plastic I like, and at a weight that felt natural. I have held a Blizzard one before and I couldn't stand the way it felt. I got this mainly to work on throwing rollers and for working out on my form in the practice field.

Anyway, took this bad boy out for some fun throwing at the local school and WOW. This is the most fun yet frustrating disc golf disc ever. I will be playing with this in all my rec rounds for a while just to help clean up my release and follow-through. The Condor immediately amplified all of the throwing issues I have in my driving, mainly at the release.

For rolling, it seems to behave the way my rhynos do but exaggerated. The rhyno has been the best disc for me to use for any non-backhand roller so far. The extra diameter of the Condor keeps the disc rolling longer while its going fast, and it falls over faster after slowing down. I will probably get another one at 180 to replace this one after I beat it in as a fun and practice disc, and one more closer to 200 for rollers specifically. I have already knocked some good dings in this one and I am sure it will lose a lot of stability quickly.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmannz1984 View Post
Anyway, took this bad boy out for some fun throwing at the local school and WOW.

That was sort of my reaction, altho I didn't have the negatives U did when I started using it. Nice and straight w/predictable fade at the end. I think my first was 186g and then I added that 131, which I still haven't thrown yet. Maybe this weekend or next week. 200g for roller is in the cards and I still want a blue Blizz Champ just b/c those discs were awesome looking

Old 02-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 43 Times in 28 Posts

I threw mine in the back yard at the skill shot for about an hour last night. I found the sweet spot for the release and can at least tap the basket 90% of the time from about 75 feet. I love this thing. I want to try a foxbat now and see if it has the same magical slow glide for my anhyzers.

I do think mine is pretty sensitive on drives. My buddy is way better than me and he couldn't let it go very well on distance drives, but then again neither of us have had the time to try and work up distance over a few throws. Still, we both agreed that time with this disc would improve our regular disc throwing too.