Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 12-23-2014, 06:49 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

Yeah im not debating the innate characteristics of baseline or premium plastic discs but the fact that this so called Jolly Launcher plastic is suppose to be any more OS than any other premium plastic is just crazy.

Companies with multiple premium plastics outside of innova there generally is no "rule" as to which initially fly the most OS. Trilogy, MVP, Discraft, Legacy etc... Premium plastics are always going to be faster flying and more durable though.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

They have only run Terns in JL and not regular champ I believe so maybe they do mold up more stable with a higher PLH, Stars with lower. I also heard the Gummys were less stable then JL. I've only had a couple JL Terns though.

My Teebirds in JL, I suppose I could go with that they are a tad more stable then the later version. I don't think it's the plastic type effecting the air and thus flight as much as how it molds up, I think PLH is king.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 42
Niced 84 Times in 58 Posts

If you can find on get a snap whittler. I've known a few ultimate guys that love them. Also try a rattler from discraft.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
They have only run Terns in JL and not regular champ I believe so maybe they do mold up more stable with a higher PLH, Stars with lower. I also heard the Gummys were less stable then JL. I've only had a couple JL Terns though.
The tern mold was changed. The very first run of terns were Metal Flake champions, and the mold was tweaked after that. Everything after that was ran in Jolly Launcher not because it molds up differently, but because that is the standard production champion plastic now. Innova is not running JL and "regular champ", JL is the production plastic. I'm starting to feel like I'm beating a dead horse here.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmercil View Post
The tern mold was changed. The very first run of terns were Metal Flake champions, and the mold was tweaked after that. Everything after that was ran in Jolly Launcher not because it molds up differently, but because that is the standard production champion plastic now. Innova is not running JL and "regular champ", JL is the production plastic. I'm starting to feel like I'm beating a dead horse here.
IDK, I've been seeing regular looking Champ discs come into the local shops, but maybe they were run before and just stock on hand. My point is that JL is different then the usual opaque stuff we saw for years, thus the distinction and clarification. CE is Champ also but it's clarified, you see?