Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 06-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 28 Times in 8 Posts

Life is Team Trilogy. The rest are just details.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 36
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnot View Post
I will answer your question first....TO ME and many others the truth is the closest trilogy disc to a buzzz...that is because they made it with that intention. Like someone else said, it is like the original barstamps from back in 2003 era and the new 10yr ones. They are more overstable than the ones you are probably used to getting right off the shelf but they beat in nicely and decently quick to where it will be like the buzzz you already love.

NOW...that being said. I have to ask,

why the switch to throwing all Trilogy? (this coming from one who does) but it is important for you to know why and what you are doing. Additionally if you say "to be on Team Trilogy" I am going to advise you even more so to reflect on what you are doing and why. Not because it is a bad thing but because knowing is half the battle as they used to say.
I need to cut my molds down. I’m spending too much time thinking about what to throw. The 20 or so molds I have in my bag is too much for me. And my favorite disc company is Lat64 Dynamic and Westside. They have the best feel all around. If I cut my mental game down with a disc selection of 10-15 discs I fell its going to be beneficial to my game and its going to cut strokes off my game.

Distance Drivers: GL Villain (Overstable Headwind’s)
Lucid Trespass (Stable to Overstable Sidearm)]
Air Trespass (Max Distance)
Lucid Renegade (Turn over Tailwind)

Fairway Drivers: Bio Fusion Escape (Long range Stable to Overstable)
GL XXX (Overstable Utility Driver)
GL River (Tunnel Hyzerflips slight Turnover)
Vip Underworld (Flippy Driver) This flys like a good sidearm shot for me Max 350-375

Midrange: Opto Pain (Overstable)
Lucid Truth (Stable)
Lucid Turas (Understable)

Putters: Soft Sinus (Overstable) Could be used as a Midrange as well
Opto Pure (Driving Putter)
TM2 Pure (Beat In)
TM2 Pure (New)
Classic Warden x2 (Main Putter)

I fell that this mix of discs is what I’m looking for.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 2,956 Times in 1,283 Posts

Is the Buzzz executing like you want it to? Are you throwing it well? Are you confident with it? Throw what you want. No manufacturer or brand cares about your game, only you do. Throw what is best for YOUR game.

*I've tried many Trilogy molds and the only one that really set itself apart in a unique way was the Pure. The rest are just pretty attempts at legendary molds.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 145
Niced 113 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Is the Buzzz executing like you want it to? Are you throwing it well? Are you confident with it? Throw what you want. No manufacturer or brand cares about your game, only you do. Throw what is best for YOUR game.

*I've tried many Trilogy molds and the only one that really set itself apart in a unique way was the Pure. The rest are just pretty attempts at legendary molds.
I have to completely agree with this.

To the OP, you will stand to benefit greatly from reducing your molds and really learning to throw a few reliable ones. But, Trilogy offers very few workhorse molds, instead they offer a US, stable, and OS at each speed level. Their plastic is great, but IMO their molds leave something to be desired.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post

" I fell its going to be beneficial to my game and its going to cut strokes off my game."

He just said he's trying to do what is best for HIS game. So no need to play cap'n save a discer with this one. I realize it's become the cool thing to do around here. Assume everyone who says trilogy or asks about a disc is on some mission to be on team trilogy but the guy flat out said why and what he's doing. There's no need to poke at people about their choices when you're telling them the best thing to do is make their own choices. That's like me telling you I'm drinking some Fuji water because I'm wanting to hydrate and you're telling me I should only care about my own hydration and keep drinking Aquafina. I like Fuji water. Let me drink.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 36
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post

" I fell its going to be beneficial to my game and its going to cut strokes off my game."

He just said he's trying to do what is best for HIS game. So no need to play cap'n save a discer with this one. I realize it's become the cool thing to do around here. Assume everyone who says trilogy or asks about a disc is on some mission to be on team trilogy but the guy flat out said why and what he's doing. There's no need to poke at people about their choices when you're telling them the best thing to do is make their own choices. That's like me telling you I'm drinking some Fuji water because I'm wanting to hydrate and you're telling me I should only care about my own hydration and keep drinking Aquafina. I like Fuji water. Let me drink.

Thanks Man
Old 06-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 35
Niced 28 Times in 8 Posts

Team Trilogy: All for one, and one for all.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 233 Times in 152 Posts

I throw the Warship alongside the Buzzz often, and they are different - Warship is longer and fades less. I find the Pain to be more like a Buzzz of the few Trilogy mids I know well.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 37
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I had been throwing a 178 Ti Buzzz (the more stable copper colored variety), and recently tried out most of the Trilogy mids to replace it. Only thing that came close for me in flight pattern/stability was a GL Mace. A max weight Lucid Truth was too straight and glidey.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 2,956 Times in 1,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowracks View Post
Team Trilogy: All for one, and one for all.
Huzzah!