Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 208
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 294 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmercil View Post
That's not really accurate. Jolly Launcher is the current production blend of plastic sold under the champion name. The old champion plastic was different then current Jolly Launcher, but the JL's have been the standard production plastic for a while now
Yep, so if you like JL discs feel free to stock up on them now because once that plastic runs out, they'll be gone. Just like the old pearly champs from '03-04.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2014, 03:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
Yep, so if you like JL discs feel free to stock up on them now because once that plastic runs out, they'll be gone. Just like the old pearly champs from '03-04.
For sure. As much as I loved the pearly champ stuff back in the day all the newest JL stuff I've gotten has been some of the best premium plastic I've ever put my hands on. Standard champ durability but what they're running now seems to be a tad bit gummier, more flexible, and better grip then ever for champion. Its really fantastic plastic.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 65
Niced 104 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrxchris View Post
So I did some searching and the Super Hero's I could find online were all 136g.
?
Did you click the link I posted a couple posts up from you?

Here it is again they currently have up to 169g suoerheros branded superclass.
http://www.herodiscusa.com/hero-super-class-235.html
Old 12-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 43 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
No it doesn't. You are just one of the people who like to say things about disc golf discs which are basically myths and has no fact behind it.

a plastic doesn't really impact the flight of a disc THAT much where you can make a huge generalization about a company who produces a far from consistent product. I'm sure people could find older champ innova discs with higher PLH that fly much more OS than any current run of X disc and vise versa. JL is just current champion plastic blend. I recently threw a pair of old CE valks that make current ones look like monarchs.

Is your rocker fixed yet?!
I disagree. For example, I have had many different types of both rocs and teebirds, and the plastic definitely makes a difference in the flight. Find a champion rancho roc, a KC pro roc, and a DX roc, all of the same exact shape and weight, and you will see three flight patterns even when they are new. The surface of the plastic definitely makes a difference in flight, at least in my experience. It is way more noticeable with faster discs. My DX teebirds never fly anything like champ teebirds, even with the same shape and weight. Far more glide with DX.

Last edited by zmannz1984; 12-23-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:01 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

that's just innova in general.

I have thrown baseline discs from other companies which actually start out very overstable compared to the premium ones even. Hell I had a DX destroyer last season that I even beat up and couldn't get to turn AT ALL. Had a good laugh about how OS it was actually.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 12-23-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
that's just innova in general.

I have thrown baseline discs from other companies which actually start out very overstable compared to the premium ones even. Hell I had a DX destroyer last season that I even beat up and couldn't get to turn AT ALL. Had a good laugh about how OS it was actually.
I couldn't disagree more, 99% of the time especially after beating in-

Champion = most Stable
Star = bit less Stable
Pro = bit less Stable
DX = least Stable

GStar = Straighter

Now they do modify some high speed driver molds, DX Destroyer, maybe? I had a DX Wraith with a weird underside lip leading me to think it was a different mold.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:26 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
I couldn't disagree more, 99% of the time especially after beating in-
I wonder if this has to do with durability and how the surface texture changes as well as actual bending of the wing shape or how "true" X vs Y plastic molds up. There is a reason why innova is one of the few companies to just run any mold in whatever plastic regardless of HOW they come out doing it.

DX polecats are more OS than the champ ones FWIW.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 12-23-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
. There is a reason why innova is one of the few companies to just run any mold in whatever plastic regardless of HOW they come out doing it.
I actually like this a lot better then tweaking every mold. If you're going to put the same name on two discs in two different types of plastic, they should come from the same mold IMO.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:41 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmercil View Post
I actually like this a lot better then tweaking every mold. If you're going to put the same name on two discs in two different types of plastic, they should come from the same mold IMO.
yeah but to have a disc like the tern which basically flies like an entire different mold all together seems a little strange. There definitely is a benefit to how different plastics season and feel etc but I want my X or Y disc to still fly like it should and ill beat it into the stage of flight desireable vs buying a specific run or plastic type. I love the feel of star plastic and many star destoryers are plenty OS so why the hell cant terns be and have the same great feel when seasoned? ... very weird IMO and lazy'

The super domey runs in ALL the plastics are another example -- it can be controlled.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
I wonder if this has to do with durability and how the surface texture changes as well as actual bending of the wing shape or how "true" X vs Y plastic molds up. There is a reason why innova is one of the few companies to just run any mold in whatever plastic regardless of HOW they come out doing it.

DX polecats are more OS than the champ ones FWIW.
I think it's the PLH changing mostly. Champ plastic just doesn't move easily at all. If you've ever messed with tuning (adjusting the PLH manually) Champ discs will always want to pop back to original. DX obviously has the least memory. Heck I got a beat to hell Champ early TWELVE time FB that still won't turn, it looks like crap but flies awesome. Stamp completely worn off and everything.

I agree that the consistency isn't great, but generally DX is quite a bit less stable then Champ in most molds, especially after beating in.