Old 08-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 85 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
If they took PayPal, I'd do the $75 dollar pledge right now.
We appreciate the interest and thanks for checking out the link. I am really not sure why they don't take paypal. It just seems like a no-brainer to us.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2015, 12:08 AM
Birdie Member

Default 2 Days Left

We are at ~85% with 2 full days left.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ry-multi-densi
Old 09-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Birdie Member

Default First Run Kickstarter Rewards

We have successfully completed our Kickstarter campaign and have some first run discs that we made as rewards left over. Only 500 of the first runs were made and each is numbered and numbers are given out at random. These discs are available now on ozonediscs.com. For the first run inserts are bonded in by my brother and I, so please allow a week or so for shipping. Using funds that we raised from Kickstarter all runs going forward will have the rings professionally bonded and we will be able to ship much quicker. Thanks for those who supported our campaign!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,189 Times in 604 Posts

Are the domes affected by the inserts you put in them? I got mine and love the plastic (beautiful as well as grippy), but I was kind of surprised to get a flatty and a domey.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 38 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Are the domes affected by the inserts you put in them? I got mine and love the plastic (beautiful as well as grippy), but I was kind of surprised to get a flatty and a domey.
Throw em and review!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
The inserts do not effect the dome. When we got the discs from our supplier some of them were flattened during shipping, they must have put extremely heavy boxes on top of ours. We had two choices either make everyone wait another few weeks to remake the run or fix them ourselves. We did our best to fix the discs by placing almost boiling water in the disc and letting them cool overnight. While this fixed the warping, some discs turned out slightly more domey than others. We tried our best to match up even pairs. This way atleast both discs were the same but in your case it seems like one is still slightly different. The plastic is extremely durable so you can do exactly what we did to get them back to even. To make the flat one domey just place the disc upside down on a pot and put almost boiling water in the dome and leave it for a few hours. For the opposite pour boiling water in the pot and put the disc right side up on top of the pot so the steam hits it. Then place something on the dome of the disc to get it to the flatness that you want and let it cool for a few hours. We have spoken to our supplier about fixing this issue for the next run, making sure there is enough packing material or whatever is else necessary so that our discs arrive correctly.

Last edited by Ozone Discs; 09-11-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,189 Times in 604 Posts

Definitely glad to hear that you're working with your manufacturer, but I wasn't complaining at all. I think (hope, really) my domey one is the understable version so it should have a little extra glide as a result.

Definitely can't wait to see how they fly. As long as the rain holds out, I'll get a chance to do just that!
Old 09-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Definitely glad to hear that you're working with your manufacturer, but I wasn't complaining at all. I think (hope, really) my domey one is the understable version so it should have a little extra glide as a result.

Definitely can't wait to see how they fly. As long as the rain holds out, I'll get a chance to do just that!
We really appreciate you picking up a pair! Once you get a chance to throw them let us know what you think. We are trying to collect as much feedback as we can before starting another run in case we need to make any final tweaks before submitting to PDGA for approval.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 83 Times in 65 Posts

I think this is a good idea. One mold, different inserts for different flights.

I assume that you all are able to play around with the weights of the inserts? I'm imagining a gradation of the weighting process and not just from one extreme (stable) to another (understable). If so, I imagine that a person could have multiple stages of "wear" while having brand new discs.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
I think this is a good idea. One mold, different inserts for different flights.

I assume that you all are able to play around with the weights of the inserts? I'm imagining a gradation of the weighting process and not just from one extreme (stable) to another (understable). If so, I imagine that a person could have multiple stages of "wear" while having brand new discs.
That is exactly the idea. Right now we are offering two versions but we have chosen materials that can be made at varying densities so we can make other versions as well. A medium for example where the inserts are similar weight and the disc would have a weight distribution more like a conventional disc.