Old 06-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 131 Times in 93 Posts

How does the Ozone compare to a Gazelle? It seems like it would heavily overlap.

Is the new putter going to be overstable, stable or understable?

Finally how did you get Dragon line Wings? I didn't know those even existed!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 85 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
How does the Ozone compare to a Gazelle? It seems like it would heavily overlap.

Is the new putter going to be overstable, stable or understable?

Finally how did you get Dragon line Wings? I didn't know those even existed!
Flight is similar to a gazelle but the Andro doesn't have as much glide and seems to fly with a little more speed. There is some overlap but if you like the gazelle then I think the Andro will be a nice compliment for lower ceilings and a little more distance.

We are shooting for stable. One variation slightly more stable and one slightly less stable but we want to baseline a pretty straight disc to start.

Yeah the dragon wings is one of the nicest yikuns we've seen. It's a great disc, enjoy!
Old 06-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Birdie Member

Has anyone had a chance to throw the Andro C yet? We demoed the disc at a tournament this weekend and everyone seemed to love it but we want some good honest community feedback. Let us know.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 456 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone Discs View Post
Has anyone had a chance to throw the Andro C yet? We demoed the disc at a tournament this weekend and everyone seemed to love it but we want some good honest community feedback. Let us know.
Mine should be arriving today and I plan to use it pretty heavily at leagues tomorrow! I'll throw up some feedback by Wednesday.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 46 Times in 33 Posts

I got mine in the mail this weekend! Will get out tomorrow and give it some air time!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Mine should be arriving today and I plan to use it pretty heavily at leagues tomorrow! I'll throw up some feedback by Wednesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle34 View Post
I got mine in the mail this weekend! Will get out tomorrow and give it some air time!
Awesome appreciate it guys! One thing to note is that although the disc has passed PDGA testing it hasn't been formally announced yet. Until they officially announce it and put it on the website it cannot be used in PDGA competition. We are hoping the official announcement comes today but we'll let you know.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Last night, I was able to get out for some field tests and a round at a heavily wooded course which requires accurate pulls through tight tree lines. I was very happy with the Andro C's performance, while a little surprised as well.

The flight ratings, (6, 4, -1, 2) would indicate a slight turn to fade, however, I was not seeing this at all in my throws. Thrown hard and flat, this is just absolutely dead to rights straight! No wiggle at all. I was expecting a bit of turn, like an FD or Eagle would give, but the Andro C just went directly at my release target.

Now, do not by any means consider this a criticism. The Andro C flew almost identical to one of my favorite discs in my bag, the Kastaplast Kaxe. I can confidently say the exact same thing for the Andro C as I do for my Kaxe. It covers more lines than any other disc in my bag - from 250' midrange shots, to 320' shots that I would typically reach for a Prodigy F5 or Discmania FD2. It handles power without turning over, fights wind, holds a dead straight line but will still fight back to finish with a predictable fade. It consistently flies exactly where it is delivered with easier control and accurate distance than most discs in similar category.

Then there's the plastic. It's a very unique blend. Gummy and tacky, yet not floppy like a G-Star blend. It's soft, but doesn't "taco." It's smooth, but retains amazing grip. I'm usually not a fan of softer plastics in most discs, but this feels like beat in Star/400G. (two of my favorite blends) Very comfortable mold for both backhand and forehand throws, and releases smooth without any issues of the wing or lower lip catching or creating uncomfortable friction on repeated throws.

For the time being, the Andro C will be replacing my Kaxe for many lines and I will play around with both and see how the A-C breaks in. More than likely, this will find a permanent home in my bags.

Well done, Ozone. You fellas have a hit!
Old 06-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 92 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Last night, I was able to get out for some field tests and a round at a heavily wooded course which requires accurate pulls through tight tree lines. I was very happy with the Andro C's performance, while a little surprised as well.

The flight ratings, (6, 4, -1, 2) would indicate a slight turn to fade, however, I was not seeing this at all in my throws. Thrown hard and flat, this is just absolutely dead to rights straight! No wiggle at all. I was expecting a bit of turn, like an FD or Eagle would give, but the Andro C just went directly at my release target.

Now, do not by any means consider this a criticism. The Andro C flew almost identical to one of my favorite discs in my bag, the Kastaplast Kaxe. I can confidently say the exact same thing for the Andro C as I do for my Kaxe. It covers more lines than any other disc in my bag - from 250' midrange shots, to 320' shots that I would typically reach for a Prodigy F5 or Discmania FD2. It handles power without turning over, fights wind, holds a dead straight line but will still fight back to finish with a predictable fade. It consistently flies exactly where it is delivered with easier control and accurate distance than most discs in similar category.

Then there's the plastic. It's a very unique blend. Gummy and tacky, yet not floppy like a G-Star blend. It's soft, but doesn't "taco." It's smooth, but retains amazing grip. I'm usually not a fan of softer plastics in most discs, but this feels like beat in Star/400G. (two of my favorite blends) Very comfortable mold for both backhand and forehand throws, and releases smooth without any issues of the wing or lower lip catching or creating uncomfortable friction on repeated throws.

For the time being, the Andro C will be replacing my Kaxe for many lines and I will play around with both and see how the A-C breaks in. More than likely, this will find a permanent home in my bags.

Did you play Jaycee, Reniger?
Old 06-07-2016, 10:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKWolverine View Post
Did you play Jaycee, Reniger?
No, I headed out to SMASH in Belding. Jaycee is my Wednesday league, and while it's fun, I was looking for more challenge.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:

Awesome great to hear, really appreciate the feedback!!! Yeah we went with a -1 turn rating because some of the test samples had a little wiggle. Also for some reason the white run is just slightly less stable than the pink but you are right the production run is pretty straight to fade out of the box. Keep us posted how it breaks in for you over time. Also discs are now officially PDGA approved.