Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
You guys are getting me really excited to buy some of these. I've been looking for a fairway between my rivers and PD's. I'm probably going to order some of these very soon.

How does it compare to a P-PD or a Saint?
My current fairway/control setup is river/lucid escape/bio escape/PD. Covers pretty much every shot.

The one saint I have is a colorshift GL, and comparing it to my escapes, I would say that it has less HSS stability, but about the same LSS.

I would say the escape is probably close to a fresh P-PD, but it's been a long time since I've had a fresh one in the bag since they beat in so quickly.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddedcoconut View Post
Not sure if this applies here but I throw DX Teebirds but I am looking for something more durable. In my past exp. once I upgrade to star it's way more OS than i want and it would take forever to beat in. I guess I'm just looking for a disc to fly like a DX teebird in more durable plastic. Thought the escape might be close ? Thoughts?
Sidebar for shreddedcoconut: Get a C-Line FD. It's stable, but not super overstable like a champion TeeBird. The plastic they ran these in is amazing, and the high speed stability is pretty close to a TeeBird. The escape is pretty incredible too, but faster and has a little more turn if you really get it up to speed. C-FDs are actually decent in a headwind too. Not PD good, but they don't get squirrely.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Got a few in the bag.

A green 173ish misprint lucid for similar flights to a champ valk but longer. They do have some turn and I don't throw it in big headwinds but I've never flipped one that held to the ground. Turns more for me than my GL Saint but fades at the end more too. I use the GL Saint for dead straight hyzer flips I have it beaten in over the last year just where I want it.

Have a 170g Fuzion Dyemax Escape for the goldline feel mainly. It's a little bit more stable at high speed than the lucid.

A 174ish BioFuzion escape for mild headwinds and when I want it to stay straight and fade harder than the lucid. Anything stronger wind I disc down to a Rival or move up to the C-PD. I like fairway drivers.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 51
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Got a few in the bag.

A green 173ish misprint lucid for similar flights to a champ valk but longer. They do have some turn and I don't throw it in big headwinds but I've never flipped one that held to the ground.

A 174ish BioFuzion escape for mild headwinds and when I want it to stay straight and fade harder than the lucid. Anything stronger wind I disc down to a Rival or move up to the C-PD. I like fairway drivers.
i think the champ valk comparison is pretty good for the lucid. i pull that out for control, power down straight shots, and slow turnovers thrown flat, throwing uphill. hasnt burned yet. never thought it'd be this way but my FDs are seeing much less flight time. so much confidence with the escape its hard not to roll with the momentum.

the bio like you say does fine in low/mild headwind, but i go with spd in a steady. i like slower speed stuff too, but man escape, they fly faster than 9 i feel. must just be how much glide they have.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
My current fairway/control setup is river/lucid escape/bio escape/PD. Covers pretty much every shot.

The one saint I have is a colorshift GL, and comparing it to my escapes, I would say that it has less HSS stability, but about the same LSS.

I would say the escape is probably close to a fresh P-PD, but it's been a long time since I've had a fresh one in the bag since they beat in so quickly.
The escape is definitely close to a fresh PPD with just a touch more stability. And they have a fairly similar feel in the hand. Great combo with the S and PPD with the lucid escape.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I've got four in the bag right now and can't wait for the Fuzion line to be stocked so I can bag some more. I've thrown Nukes and Forces for over a year and can get them out past 400'. I'd never found a Discraft fairway driver that I really liked, but when I pulled out an Escape and threw it further than my Nuke, I was sold. I've got two Lucid, 174 and 171, and two bioFuzion, 170 and 174. The bioFuzion are definitely a bit more stable, but I throw all four of them all of the time and they all do something really well for me. This is almost my favorite disc, but I still throw Buzzzs.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me if their escapes have been more stable Domey or Flat?
I want to say flat might be more stable, but I'm comparing 2 flat Biofusions to 2 domey lucids so it's hard to judge.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliphyzer View Post
Can anyone tell me if their escapes have been more stable Domey or Flat?
I want to say flat might be more stable, but I'm comparing 2 flat Biofusions to 2 domey lucids so it's hard to judge.
If they stay true to Lat64 plastic then the more domey ones would be more overstable. I haven't had more than a couple from each of the plastics, so I can't say whether they have much variance in domes.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

My control driver lineup is new run Shock/Fusion Escape (Emac sig dyemax)/Volt/Amp. I have a buddy that has a few different escapes in his bag because of the varying stabilities among the plastics and he does very well with them.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My first impression of this disc was so-so but further field work has me really liking this disc. It does good enough in most headwinds and can be turned over with enough snap to really s its way for further distance. Just picked a biofuzion 166 to see how it compares with a first run 172. I haven't been meshing with the teebirds like I wanted so these might fit the bill.