Old 08-19-2013, 04:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If like Innova and dx plastic, I would advise a Cobra.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekdo View Post
Check out the Prodigy M3 in 400s or 400g plastic.. Probably the best feeling plastic imo, and they fly far for mid-ranges.

Or just grab a KC Pro Roc since you already know how the disc feels and flies. Its a bit more durable than DX. Im sure this will turn into something like the buzzz vs roc threads, but hey try a buzzz out too in z or esp plastic.. the Buzzz is also a great mid-range and can go very far.
Thanks, but wouldn't the M4 be longer and faster? Why M3? will keep an eye out for Pro Roc's I think, there probably is some medium size/Hybrid rims out there in Rocs?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
A beat up dx roc is a great mid for distance and control. If you go to faster mids you can get a little more distance, but you lose some of the slow glidey flight and get more of a driver flight with discs like the buzzz. The great thing about those dx rocs is you can have a new one, a seasoned one and a beat up one that will cover all kinds of lines without having to use different discs. DX beats up really quick on faster drivers, but is plenty durable for mids and putters, I have a dx roc that's been in my bag for almost 5 years and it flies great.
I've used a lot of different Mids but once I started cycling DX/KC Rocs I've never gone back to any other Mids. They have good glide & distance, the Roc is the best Mid I've ever thrown. I think that DX plastic is good for Mids & Putters but I think it beats up drivers to quickly.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpaljesus View Post
Westside Warship
This. In VIP.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 233 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpaljesus View Post
You could try a DGA Squall or Westside Warship
Yup!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 828
Niced 27 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride the Throw View Post
Thanks, but wouldn't the M4 be longer and faster? Why M3? will keep an eye out for Pro Roc's I think, there probably is some medium size/Hybrid rims out there in Rocs?
Why exactly are you looking for the "longest mid possible"? Mids will go a long way, but there's no issue with going to a slow driver for the shots that are out of range for your mids. What you really want is the mid that is most controllable and lets you feel comfortable shaping all the different lines you need and also will power down for certain approach shots. Any of the suggested mids will go plenty far, find the one that flies and feels the way you like.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Why exactly are you looking for the "longest mid possible"? Mids will go a long way, but there's no issue with going to a slow driver for the shots that are out of range for your mids. What you really want is the mid that is most controllable and lets you feel comfortable shaping all the different lines you need and also will power down for certain approach shots. Any of the suggested mids will go plenty far, find the one that flies and feels the way you like.
It's the Indian, not the arrow. Discs don't have limitations people do.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
After spending almost all of my time on a heavily wooded course, I started playing a course exposed to lots of wind, I took only my DX Roc the first time I went their and fell in love with the way midranges and their, blunt wings stay steady in windy play. Its a mostly shorter course, but my Roc leaves me a little short of where I want to be on some holes. If there is a longer faster midrange disc out there, I want it.
Surprised no one mentioning Atlases, but maybe those aren't widely available or thrown yet.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.1
Courses Played: 11
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

The 3 discs that will not leave my bag anytime soon are my DX Roc, DX Teebird and my Z Buzzz. Although, I am experimenting with a new Champ Roc3.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:15 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 828
Niced 27 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride the Throw View Post
After spending almost all of my time on a heavily wooded course, I started playing a course exposed to lots of wind, I took only my DX Roc the first time I went their and fell in love with the way midranges and their, blunt wings stay steady in windy play. Its a mostly shorter course, but my Roc leaves me a little short of where I want to be on some holes. If there is a longer faster midrange disc out there, I want it.
Surprised no one mentioning Atlases, but maybe those aren't widely available or thrown yet.
That's when a slow, overstable fairway driver comes in really handy. They go about midrange distance but are very wind resistant and easy to range. Whippets or Banshees fill that role nicely.