Old 12-20-2016, 12:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 45 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkevo View Post
I found a Champ Sidewinder on ebay the other day, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Amp. I don't get out to play enough to give time to breaking in discs. I like my discs to throw as advertised. Now, whether I can throw them the way they are intended is another story.
This is a pic I posted way back in this thread. Both of these are Amps:

(Sorry so blurry.)

There are 2 distinct Amps out in the wild. The pink one here is pretty filppy, the blue one is like the one you described, almost no HS turn. I've got one like it that's pretty seasoned, and it still doesn't turn much more than a -1.

If you want the flippy type, you have to find one with the rounded shoulder and lower PLH.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Toro71; 12-20-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 45 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
This is a pic I posted way back in this thread. Both of these are Amps:

(Sorry so blurry.)

There are 2 distinct Amps out in the wild. The pink one here is pretty filppy, the blue one is like the one you described, almost no HS turn. I've got one like it that's pretty seasoned, and it still doesn't turn much more than a -1.

If you want the flippy type, you have to find one with the rounded shoulder and lower PLH.
Too late to finish edit...I had the wrong pic up for a sec. The left one here (creamsicle) is like a very seasoned Volt, the hot pink one on the right is what I think of as a "real" Amp, -2 HSS off the shelf.

Niced: (1)

Old 12-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 63 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkevo View Post
I found a Champ Sidewinder on ebay the other day, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Amp. I don't get out to play enough to give time to breaking in discs. I like my discs to throw as advertised. Now, whether I can throw them the way they are intended is another story.
I keep at least one disc in the bag that I won't be heartbroken over losing it. I throw it over water holes and places I think I might have a good chance of a lost disc on unknown new courses.

You could always bag it for that and if it stays around long enough to do what you want start using another disc for those risky shots.

Niced: (1)