Old 11-02-2017, 11:08 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikster
Default Jackson Mississippi must play courses

I'm going to be in Jackson, MS for a few days the week after Thanksgiving. I'll be working, but may have time for a round in the late afternoon on Monday or Tuesday. If I only get time to play round, what is the "must play" course in the area. I'm a somewhat new female player so I don't have a big arm, but I don't really have a preference of long vs short courses. Anyone in the area, please reply or hit me up on Kik (nikki_sofine).
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2017, 05:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 203 Times in 119 Posts

The Rez is pretty well rounded. I had a blast playing there in September

Niced: (1)
Old 11-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 58
Niced 51 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikster View Post
I'm going to be in Jackson, MS for a few days the week after Thanksgiving. I'll be working, but may have time for a round in the late afternoon on Monday or Tuesday. If I only get time to play round, what is the "must play" course in the area. I'm a somewhat new female player so I don't have a big arm, but I don't really have a preference of long vs short courses. Anyone in the area, please reply or hit me up on Kik (nikki_sofine).
Depends on what you like. I enjoyed Moc Bend in Morton more than the rez. But Moc bend is about 30 miles east of Jackson, so you might not have the time. The Rez will do in a pinch. I just think that the Rez is a tad over rated.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 23 Times in 12 Posts

The Rez is a very solid city park course with lots of variety, but I agree with NDA that it's a tad overrated. It's more open than I'd like and a bit straightforward in design for my tastes. But it's the best course in the immediate area as far as I've seen, and seems to have good upkeep so you won't have to worry about grooming.

Center City was actually my favorite - a very fun and well-rounded course with some great terrain - but unfortunately has suffered from neglect in the four years since I played it and seems to be unplayable now.

If you like wooded golf and can swing the drive to Moccasin Bend then that would be my vote. I haven't played it, but the other likely candidates aren't so great that you'll be missing out so I'd say that Moccasin is worth a try as it may end up being the best of the bunch.