Old 10-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 22 Times in 17 Posts
Default Disc Golf Article Ideas

I am looking for some input as to what people are interested in reading about when it comes to disc golf. I will be writing 5-6 articles on various topics and just want to be sure I am writing content that people are actually interested in.

For some personal background on me I play MPO here in Michigan and have been playing for almost 6 years. I come from a football background having played football in college for Ferris State University. I am a teacher by trade and a disc golfer by choice.

Any input is welcome! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2017, 01:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 93
Niced 313 Times in 173 Posts

what's the target audience?

Niced: (1)
Old 10-17-2017, 01:58 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
what's the target audience?
Basically, anyone that would be interested in reading anything disc golf related. My first article is about the top 5 courses in the state of Michigan. I am willing to write either general style articles or more in-depth articles on specific topics.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 36 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle34 View Post
I am looking for some input as to what people are interested in reading about when it comes to disc golf. I will be writing 5-6 articles on various topics and just want to be sure I am writing content that people are actually interested in.

For some personal background on me I play MPO here in Michigan and have been playing for almost 6 years. I come from a football background having played football in college for Ferris State University. I am a teacher by trade and a disc golfer by choice.

Any input is welcome! Thank you!
Why courses should be built in certain areas to appeal to a certain group of people, disc design, pro status etc.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-17-2017, 02:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 113
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 67 Times in 42 Posts

Where are these articles going to be posted? I think that would make a big difference in who's going to be reading them, and therefore, what style they should be written in.

For example, a disc golf article posted on this site would be viewed by a very different audience than one posted in Time Magazine.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:16 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 19 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
Where are these articles going to be posted? I think that would make a big difference in who's going to be reading them, and therefore, what style they should be written in.

For example, a disc golf article posted on this site would be viewed by a very different audience than one posted in Time Magazine.
The above us VERY important.

I wrote a few articles for 2 of the PDGA's rags years ago and each time they "literary licensed" my articles (mis-marching captions with photos, changing words, etc.) to death. Be careful....
Old 10-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 21 Times in 13 Posts

I would like detailed course strategy guides. Good quality illustrations of fairways, pictures of features, and a couple pro level players snippets about how they attack the hole. This would be fun for me to read to prepare for said course, for me to fantasize about playing said course, and for me to prepare to watch a major tournament round on Jomez.

Probably not what you were looking for

Old 10-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 21 Times in 13 Posts

Otherwise disc golf history lessons would be nice. Course profiles over the years, major events in the history of the sport, stuff like that.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 96
Niced 51 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle34 View Post
Basically, anyone that would be interested in reading anything disc golf related. My first article is about the top 5 courses in the state of Michigan. I am willing to write either general style articles or more in-depth articles on specific topics.
It must be an opinion piece? Top 5 according to whom? Have you played all of the courses in Michigan? Have a journalism background?

Old 10-17-2017, 03:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 39
Niced 52 Times in 31 Posts

It might be interesting to compare the histories of a successful course and a course that failed.