Old 08-25-2016, 01:46 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Grip ax15 comfort

Got a Grip ax15 earlier this week and unboxed it yesterday. It is a solid backpack, quality materials. Test loaded it with two 24oz water bottles, 15-17 discs, towels, snacks, etc - a good example for a tournament or 18-hole summer round. It was dark already, so I walked it to the corner and back on my street. I could feel some tingly in my finger tips, is this too much bag for me? I'm 6'2", just under 240, xl shirt kinda guy. I tried and tried adjusting the straps up or down but could not really get a comfortable feel out of the pack. I loaded everything into an old Magellan backpack and it was more comfortable... My girlfriend's c15 is more comfortable but lacks the extra storage I'll need (I carry the golden retriever, spare towels, etc for our rounds). I'm not sure if the straps are too wide or not padded enough or what. I really expected more out of the bag at the price point and rave reviews. I'm not crazy about returning yet, I'd prefer to understand what I might need to do to make this my permanent disc golf backpack. Anyone else had comfort issues with the ax15 and resolved them effectively?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2016, 02:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 450 Times in 245 Posts

Resolve it effectively by returning it and getting a Pound bag.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:02 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Le pound underground

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrboy View Post
I'm not yet familiar with that bag. I wish I had somewhere to actually look at bags nearby but not really. So I'm stuck taking advice from people and ordering and trying.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2016, 07:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 31
Niced 43 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrboy View Post
Wise words^^^
Old 08-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

My friend gave me a waterproof Chrome backpack last year when I lost my license. The bag was around $200 (so not cheap) and built well. After wearing it for 20-30 minutes my right hand would start to go numb too. I've only had this happen other times while cycling using a different messenger style bag. I never could get the Chrome bag to sit properly on my hips. I ended up switching to a smaller Timbuk2 backpack and don't have that problem anymore. Here is some info to check out that might help you select a pack that fits you. http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...kpack-Numbness BTW, I'm 5'9" with a smaller frame.

Last edited by 4ormal; 08-26-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:15 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I had the same impression honestly when I first used my AX-15. The first time I used it I went on a weekend trip and played 6 large courses in three days. I was nervous about the comfort level and all. The lumbar felt awkward as well. I'll be straight up though, after 6 courses and braking it in quick I have come to love mine. It's the best bag I have ever owned. Hands down. I say give it time... I did and am excited every round I get to use it.

To the other post in this thread though, Pound is prob the best bag in the market...

Old 09-22-2016, 06:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts

I have a pound and a grip bag. For your size a pound bag is prob the better choice. Lot more storage and the comfort cant be beat. As for the grip bag they do take a little bit to work the bag in. Once the shoulder straps start wearing in some I would suspect that it will start feeling better.