177 DX Roc

Putters
171 S Ion
172 S Wizard
175 Fossil Wizard
165 M Wizard
175 Organic Wizard
175 Organic Wizard

Pretty streamlined and straight forward. Most of these discs have been with me for quite some time. There are still some outliers (Wraith, Buzzz, Ion) but they have all been with me long enough to earn a permanent spot in the bag. No reason to change horses midstream. I intend to stick to speed 9 or less this year, especially during casual rounds.

I've been happy with the additions from 2016: Fossil Wizard, the Rocs, Star Sidewinder and the Wraith.

Looking forward to using the new Echo Star TeeBird that I picked up. I intend to use it as my main TeeBird until it is seasoned.

Major drop from the bag is the Destroyers. I just don't feel like they have anything to offer to me that I can't get out of my Firebird. And this follows my plan of sticking to lower speed discs.

I also have an odd duck Champ "Sidewinder" that I played with early in 2016 that as it turns out is not a Sidewinder at all, but a mis-stamped OLS. The plastic is some great feeling JL and it is a nice flat disc. Only time will tell if it makes its way into the bag.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts

Nice setup. Im working on maybe adding a drive putter or two. Just so use to powering down the mid.

EcoStar is slowly becoming my fav star plastic. Just a touch of tackiness to it.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 515 Times in 416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
I also have an odd duck Champ "Sidewinder" that I played with early in 2016 that as it turns out is not a Sidewinder at all, but a mis-stamped OLS. The plastic is some great feeling JL and it is a nice flat disc. Only time will tell if it makes its way into the bag.
Wondering if my Champion Sidewinder is really the same...
Old 01-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 21 Posts

I did forget to mention that I have a fantastic pair of PWP Wizards that will be introduced this year as well. I don't plan on putting them into the bag right away but I will break them in as practice putters just as I did with the Organics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbound View Post
EcoStar is slowly becoming my fav star plastic. Just a touch of tackiness to it.
I'm pretty darn excited to throw that TeeBird! I've never had anything in EchoStar before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Wondering if my Champion Sidewinder is really the same...
Did you see Marmoset's post in the Champ Sidewinder thread? That is how I was able to identify mine.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 13
Niced 65 Times in 51 Posts

You already know I dig your bag Bardu. Maybe this year I'll work on adding in something higher speed, star sidewinder is high on the list. I've thrown Teebirds for years, the only plastic I haven't thrown them in is gstar and echostar. Heck, never even had an echostar disc, so echostar Teebird is on the list too. Anyway, looks good and keep posting here as I'll be checking in to see how you progress this year.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 46 Times in 38 Posts

GStar Teebird3 is money! longer and straighter
Old 01-05-2017, 03:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 515 Times in 416 Posts

Quote:
Did you see Marmoset's post in the Champ Sidewinder thread? That is how I was able to identify mine.
Yes I did, and thanks for pointing it out. My vision is poor, but even with a magnifying glass, I'm only seeing one line where the molds met, so it's a Sidewinder. Just one that wants to be relatively (over)stable, I guess. The JL plastic is nice, it's bright pink and easy to find, and I do like throwing it, so this 'rose by any other name' is staying in the bag.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 133 Times in 93 Posts

Why the ion?
Old 01-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 21 Posts

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Why the ion?
Really, the Ion is just in there because its the second oldest disc that I've still got. There's alot of overlap with the Wizard and I'll use Wizard for 99% of those shots.

The only spot I still haven't filled is something for FH distance that could also double as a wind fighting distance driver. PD or OLF are on the short list, so if anyone wants to try to sell me on one, be my guest. The less overlap with the Firebird the better and if the stock runs are awesome and I don't have to go searching for OOP plastic, thats also a bonus.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:42 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 33 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
The only spot I still haven't filled is something for FH distance that could also double as a wind fighting distance driver. PD or OLF are on the short list, so if anyone wants to try to sell me on one, be my guest. The less overlap with the Firebird the better and if the stock runs are awesome and I don't have to go searching for OOP plastic, thats also a bonus.
Don't have any that I would like to sell since i only have a few of my own, but the new run of OLF is fantastic across the board. The MOLF 1.3 is my favorite of the current plastic runs, very nice plastic for pro and starts out fairly overstable out of the box. They have more turn than the PD i used to have so that should help keep them from overlapping your firebird.

I like your setup, while i don't throw many of the same molds (love the Wizard and Teebird), I like Wraiths, the Buzzz is nice, and I'm really tempted to get a sidewinder here soon