Old 07-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default Backpack for a 10 year old child?

My daughter's disc collection has grown, and she needs something larger than the small shoulder bag she has been using. She will probably inherit my Shift when I buy my next UPD bag, but until then I'd like to get her a backpack that works for her smaller frame (she's about 4'11") and narrow shoulders. Doesn't have to be fancy or hold a ton of discs, maybe 13-15. Would like to keep it around $50-60 if possible. I would especially appreciate suggestions from people with smaller frames, or with children that are using backpacks. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2017, 10:06 AM

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 6
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

The Prodigy BP-3 is a nice smaller bag that holds about 18 discs. Not sure how it will fit a smaller frame, but it's one of the smallest backpack bags on the market and might be worth looking in to.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 46 Times in 38 Posts

the A game backpack from Academy sports for $30 works well for my 9 year old daughter

Old 07-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 56 Times in 42 Posts

upper Park Designs the Pinch would probably be perfect. Smaller than the Shift.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:20 AM

Niced 13 Times in 4 Posts

I second the Upper Park Pinch.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 24
Niced 43 Times in 38 Posts
Default Small Bag.

https://www.amazon.com/Spark-Disc-Ba...3ASalient+Disc
This is a small bag, Philo Brathwaite used until the hero bags came out this year. It holds up to 20-21 discs the amount Philo uses.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:40 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 11 Times in 10 Posts

I have a really narrow frame and actually just came to the Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags section to look for recommendations.

I currently carry a BP-3 because a friend had an extra one, and I find the size to be really comfortable. I usually carry about 14 discs + 2 putters, along with way too much other stuff (towels, sunscreen, bug spray, snacks, car keys, phone, sunglasses, notebook, long sleeve shirt, etc. etc. etc.), and that setup works well enough. I do have issues with the bag falling over, and things moving around a lot because I'm using a good chunk of the disc storage space for my other stuff... which is a big part of the reason I am looking for something new.

I tried carrying my boyfriend's Shift bag for a day, and it felt like it was eating me alive because it is just so much wider than the BP-3. I was pretty bummed because I really like his bag and wanted it to fit my frame. The Pinch looks like it would be a much better fit.

I have also had people recommend the Grip C and CS Series, and the MVP Voyager Slim, but I haven't had a chance to test either one out.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 143 Times in 104 Posts

I have a small(er) build and carry a MVP Beaker. Easily holds 10-12 discs and can be expanded to 14 at need. I use the shoulder strap, but it is set up for quad straps as well.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:08 AM
Eagle Member

I a 5 foot 2 inch adult use a Vertex fishing bag but has way more space then you need for 15 discs. I love that this bag and you do need at least one flat thin thing ( I used a pice of cut corrugated plastic) to hold up the second storage part on one of the main part you put your discs in. The second layer or storage does zip off but I prevented mine from doing so with crimped closed safety pins. The Vertex bag https://www.amazon.com/Vertex-The-An...mg_top?ie=UTF8 and hear on the Canada site https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...D4J5IVMR&psc=1 has a seat on it, for when I play in big rounds plus the bag is like $64 top I spent another $10 on this soft stroller bottle holder. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and found a way to attach it to my bag better using the Velcro part and crimped closed safety pins to keep the Velcro from opening up. So the whole thing was $ 74 total, great price for a bag with a seat that can be used as a Disc golf bag. I did more to make the added cup holder work for me but you don't have to. Oh and I did put in the very front bottom small pocket a piece of plastic and about 1 inch up on the lower big pocket I put some safety pins I crimped closed so they will not open up. Lastly I use a water resistant stuff bag opened up on the one side as my other water bottle holder.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-21-2017 at 01:12 AM.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:16 AM
Eagle Member

I did the about 1 inch up on the big bottom part with permanently crimped closed safety pins so that my discs in that part do not fall out of the bag when I have the zipper part open, that big bottom pocket can only open to 1 inch above where it normally would go.