Old 06-08-2017, 12:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 28 Times in 16 Posts
Default Discraft Tour Series Discs 2017

Figured we could use a thread for the discraft tour series plastic. Thrasher/Buzzz/Comet/Crank.

What do you like or dont like about them?

Maybe post pics of the diff color combos?

How do they fly?

I bought 2 Nate Doss Buzzz and they are beautiful. I have a (White) Tim Barham Crank on the way as well.

I wont be able to throw mine for a while so im curious how they compare to stock. I love the stamps on Val and Nates.
MJ and Tims leave alot to be desired and im disappointed with discraft for not coming up with a better stamp for them.

I am also not a fan of all the black/smoke discs i have seen. They look great but will someone be bold enough to toss them?
The plastics seem to feel and look great though.

(Sry about the pics, it was between sideways or really big....went with sideways)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170607_212509.jpg (75.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 20170607_212650.jpg (123.2 KB, 84 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Par Member

Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

I really like the Grey Tim Barham Crank, just the look of it. However, I almost only ever use my crank as a thumber/tomahawk disc, so chances of me buying one of these is slim
Old 06-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 109
Niced 174 Times in 132 Posts

Here's a picture of my two MJ Comets (ignore the others in the pic)

So far I've only thrown the pink one. It's hard to tell from this picture, but it is pearly with a little bit of speckle. I'm holding onto the Blue sparkly one for now. As for flight, it's more overstable than my only Z Comet, but quite a bit less overstable than my max weight Ti. Good thrower and we'll see how it seasons.

And here's a picture of some Nate Doss Buzzz's courtesy of F. Howl:

I'd love to see some of the Cranks. I saw a black one on Infinite that looked really pretty but also lose-able. I'm more curious how they turned out stability-wise.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

That pink comet is sick. Love it when the stamp has matching colors to the plastic. Just makes it POP.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 31
Niced 162 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
That pink comet is sick. Love it when the stamp has matching colors to the plastic. Just makes it POP.
Same. I also like when they're close in the same spectrum but equally bright (like a hot pink disc with a dayglow orange stamp) so there's little contrast. Gives off an illusory motion that almost hurts to look at too long. But I guess that's the opposite of the stamp popping.....seems I like extremes. (I am a kid of the 90's after all and have consumed my fair share of Doritos and Mt. Dew.)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 31
Niced 162 Times in 120 Posts

Haven't thrown my Tour Series yet. Have a pair of Z's from just last year that are still holding it down. The Z feels the same to me. Grip. Rigidity. No dome or puddle (not that I've ever seen a puddle top Buzzz, but I heard some early Ti runs had a few). I'm sure they'll fly perfectly Buzzz-like.

Screw it. I was trying to hold out and keep them fresh for the cycle, but I'm throwing them at my weekly tonight. Almost a shame to ink...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170531_083855.jpg (80.3 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-09-2017, 03:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Screw it. I was trying to hold out and keep them fresh for the cycle, but I'm throwing them at my weekly tonight. Almost a shame to ink...
I feel ya. I hate when a disc is so pretty that it makes me nervous to throw it. Once you get that first throw out the way, the nerves relax a little. I feel like these will be around a while, so i will prolly get a few backups when i get the extra funds.

With discraft releasing these AFTER innova came out with theirs, i was hoping for something more unique.
If they put a sick stamp on those buzzz and said "we molded these up extra flat per nate doss request", they would be selling like hot cakes.

Instead, they just tweaked the stock stamp a little and used 3 diff visual additives to the existing Z plastic. Maybe they will learn from this and tailor make these to each pro next year.

Alot of what made those sexton firebirds sell so well is that sexton actually throws them (and he seems like a cool cat).Its a win/win for the player and company.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 49
Niced 258 Times in 178 Posts

Talking to Tim Barham, he stated that these signature releases are Z plastic with a small amount of TI added in resulting in a slightly gummier feel and very mild pearl/sparkle/visual variance. I like the feel, but don't throw much Discraft anymore. I might pick up a couple of the Doss family's sig discs to support Nate and Val and I'll definitely grab a Barham just to throw some support to a great local guy.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 109
Niced 174 Times in 132 Posts

Austin Turner's absence from the selection seemed surprising to me. I wonder if they're thinking about a new mold like the Punisher...

Old 06-09-2017, 12:26 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Nate, Val, MJ, and Tim are on the Elite Team. Austin is in the next tier--Tour Team. He was throwing the Machete at the Utah Open, though.