Old 07-15-2017, 11:57 PM

Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Brunswick, Ohio Rough Design!

So I walked the property of Brunswick High School in Brunswick, OH (20 minutes north of Roscoe Ewing in Medina) several times and found there is a ton of space for a solid course! After taking 100+ pictures and mapping holes out, I came up with this rough design. Let me know what you think! I'm open to any ideas!

Notes:
-The last few holes are kind of awkward, but it was tough getting back to the parking lot without a little walk between holes

-The road to the right of #14 is rarely ever used, so traffic wouldn't be an issue. Plus, the trees are dense enough to keep errant discs away from the road.

-Most holes are on flat ground, with the exception of 8 (Downhill) and 10-11 (Uphill)

ROUGH DESIGN: https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/vi...DGC/8syPFyK7No

White Lines = OB
Red Lines = Fairways
Number = Tee
Circle = Basket
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 7 Times in 2 Posts

Hole 12 looks problematic...just making an ob doesnt mean people wont throw where you dont want them too...a nice 9 hole with flat walks between holes would be better then cramming in 14.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:36 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate22 View Post
Hole 12 looks problematic...just making an ob doesnt mean people wont throw where you dont want them too...a nice 9 hole with flat walks between holes would be better then cramming in 14.
Appreciate the feedback! I might just try to lay out a 9 holer and see how that works out.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 296
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 86 Times in 52 Posts

Definitely agree: I'd rather see nine good holes (even if some of the woods holes are shorter) on the north end of the space, than to have long walks to 'filler' holes. You can always start with that, then as it's played, set up temp holes for events, and see how a second nine is received. Might not get as many big, bomber holes, but the fun would be there for a wider audience (I could only 'reach' two of your fourteen greens, for instance).

Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Definitely agree: I'd rather see nine good holes (even if some of the woods holes are shorter) on the north end of the space, than to have long walks to 'filler' holes. You can always start with that, then as it's played, set up temp holes for events, and see how a second nine is received. Might not get as many big, bomber holes, but the fun would be there for a wider audience (I could only 'reach' two of your fourteen greens, for instance).
Really appreciate the feedback! This is my first design, so I was excited to get some criticism. I'll be heading back out tomorrow to try and come up with a 9 hole layout.