Old 07-14-2017, 05:23 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Streamline Discs - Pilot

Searched and did not find a thread for the pilot yet...

Streamline Disc's Pilot

Available currently in Electron & Soft Electron.

Flight numbers: Speed: 2 Glide: 5 Turn: -1 Fade: 1

"The Pilot has a medium-depth grip, small-bead wing design, flat top, and a comfortable rounded nose. The Pilot’s feel in the hand with grippy Electron plastics will inspire confidence, while its dead straight flight takes you right to the pin. MVP throwers will find the Pilot’s depth in between the Atom and Anode, and its flight most similar to a seasoned Anode."
- Streamline Discs
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 19 Times in 17 Posts

I love my electron soft pilot. It has become my main driving putter. I have no intentions of ditching my wizards, but I could see this being for putting also.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:09 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 61 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
I love my electron soft pilot. It has become my main driving putter. I have no intentions of ditching my wizards, but I could see this being for putting also.
Get any more aces with it?

I agree with the description. The Pilot I had felt great in hand and flew very straight almost effortlessly when thrown flat or maybe very slight hyzer.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:15 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 19 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Get any more aces with it?.
Not yet! But I find myself pulling out the pilot and running holes that I'd previously just layup on with a Rhyno. The soft plastic sticks to the ground pretty well too so I feel safe running it.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 76 Times in 55 Posts

I havnt really liked it in soft. Love it in medium. I really want a proton/neutron pilot.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:03 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwindacatcher View Post
I havnt really liked it in soft. Love it in medium. I really want a proton/neutron pilot.
Agreed, I have 4 Pilots (3 in regular Electron & 1 in soft). I use the Pilot as my putting putter, and I definitely like the regular Electron so much better. Throw them hard at the chains and they go dead straight and grab!
Old 07-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 76 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mania3 View Post
Agreed, I have 4 Pilots (3 in regular Electron & 1 in soft). I use the Pilot as my putting putter, and I definitely like the regular Electron so much better. Throw them hard at the chains and they go dead straight and grab!
And as they beat in that straight flight gets a little longer and longer. New for me they show a little fade just inside the circle. My main putter is now dead straight out to about 40ft. I really really need to get a stack to start breaking more in.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:43 AM

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

My wife and I both love our Pilots for putting and throwing. They glide so much and are so straight that if you miss you know what it was...and it wasn't the disc! No fade to predict either. For throwing they are just a nice gentle turn over. Cover so many shots with this disc! And the upshots are just laser straight to sit and hug the basket!

Old 07-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 128
Niced 40 Times in 29 Posts

Pilot has become my only putting putter - pink 170. I shot my best-ever round at Bear Creek on Sunday, and a big reason for that was the consistent true flight I get from this disc. I think I only missed one putt all day and that was just outside 30 and hyzered around a tree, hit chains but didn't stick.
I've had an issue with low putts in the past but this disc seems to sneak over the rim if I give it a little nose up angle. It also seems to stick on high or uphill putts very well (at least with my push putt) and I can get it to drop pretty effectively when I have to putt over objects.

Reminds me, I need some back-ups!

Old 07-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
Niced 16 Times in 15 Posts

The Pilot has been a great putter for me (use to be a long time Pure thrower for both approach and putting. It's profile isn't too deep nor shallow, and I prefer shallow putters. I need it in Proton/Neutron/ Plasma for more durability in driving and approaching.