Old 05-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Par Member

Niced 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default Discraft/DGA bag?

Does anyone carry a bag with just a combination of Discraft and DGA discs? I'd be interested to see how someone combines the best of each company into one bag.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 31 Times in 24 Posts

yep. my signature covers what I throw.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 116 Times in 85 Posts

Just recently switched to all Discraft/DGA. Always had a Discraft heavy bag with a Prodigy, Axiom, Innova, or Legacy mold or two mixed in. Occasionally an all Innova or all Trilogy guy would give me that old "discrap" quip, to which I would jokingly respond, "**** you fanboy".

It made me think, though. In my circle plenty bag some Discraft molds, but I can only think of two or three players that carry all Discraft. There are plenty of all Innova, which is to be expected not only because they make great plastic and have a huge selection, but because they are a local company (same with Legacy, in the LA area). There aren't as many all Trilogy guys but a couple I know are so goddamned pleased with their all Swedish set up. I love talking blends and trying new molds, but if I suggest trying the Buzzz back to back with the Compass (which is a great disc and I'm a sucker for pretty plastic so I appreciated the subtle sparkle run they did) I get the, "I only throw Trilogy". Cool, bro.

Anyway, there's nothing I really miss (maybe the Felon, just for the handfeel.) Flights of almost any mold, are a dime a dozen. Really, we should be able to make a bag out of any company and with a minor adjustments, our game shouldn't suffer. That said a mixed bag is the way to go, but just to give support to a company that makes my favorite molds and who gets some residual flak from the days when it was only Innova vs Discraft: I'm all Wixom, Michigan.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Just recently switched to all Discraft/DGA. Always had a Discraft heavy bag with a Prodigy, Axiom, Innova, or Legacy mold or two mixed in. Occasionally an all Innova or all Trilogy guy would give me that old "discrap" quip, to which I would jokingly respond, "**** you fanboy".

It made me think, though. In my circle plenty bag some Discraft molds, but I can only think of two or three players that carry all Discraft. There are plenty of all Innova, which is to be expected not only because they make great plastic and have a huge selection, but because they are a local company (same with Legacy, in the LA area). There aren't as many all Trilogy guys but a couple I know are so goddamned pleased with their all Swedish set up. I love talking blends and trying new molds, but if I suggest trying the Buzzz back to back with the Compass (which is a great disc and I'm a sucker for pretty plastic so I appreciated the subtle sparkle run they did) I get the, "I only throw Trilogy". Cool, bro.

Anyway, there's nothing I really miss (maybe the Felon, just for the handfeel.) Flights of almost any mold, are a dime a dozen. Really, we should be able to make a bag out of any company and with a minor adjustments, our game shouldn't suffer. That said a mixed bag is the way to go, but just to give support to a company that makes my favorite molds and who gets some residual flak from the days when it was only Innova vs Discraft: I'm all Wixom, Michigan.
I agree with lot of what you said here. Most of the bigger companies have enough molds to build a complete bag. Mixing is the way to go for being able to fine tone and have fun. I have gone to the one brand thing purely for pocket book reasons. I love trying new plastic and it just got too expensive. my bag was heavy with discraft so i went that way. Discraft/DGA release enough mold to keep me buying and letting try new stuff with out going broke.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 64
Niced 24 Times in 20 Posts

I have been significantly or entirely Discraft molded discs for the majority of my career. Please do not interpret this as meaning any other company or companies don't offer equal or better options.
To the OP:
Z Nuke OS
6x Z Force
Z Thrasher

PL Hellfire
SP Tsunami
4x Undertaker (Glo, Z, ESP, Z FLX)
Glo ESP Heat

Glo Z Buzzz OS
2x Z Buzzz
Z Meteor

Zone
Glo Z Banger
Glo Z Roach

(Full disclosure, I am currently throwing the PA-1 and PA-4 in 400, and think they are the very finest at what they do. I also putt with PA-1s in 350G, but was a long time Challenger guy.)

Honorable Mentions- Z Stalkers are really nice. Machete=Hellfire. Avengers and Nukes are fantastic. Buzzz SS is another good mold. Breakers could replace my PA1s for driving if I took the notion to do so. DGA has some other quality offerings that I have not delved into in much detail, but I remember liking the Rogue, and the Torrent. Hurricane is similar to Force, maybe less overstable depending on plastic.

TLDR- You can absolutely build a Discraft/DGA bag and be set, if you want to. I do think that Discraft could use a couple of discs to round out the lineup, but nothing that can't be worked around.

'boots

Old 05-17-2017, 03:18 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddyboots View Post
I have been significantly or entirely Discraft molded discs for the majority of my career. Please do not interpret this as meaning any other company or companies don't offer equal or better options.
To the OP:
Z Nuke OS
6x Z Force
Z Thrasher

PL Hellfire
SP Tsunami
4x Undertaker (Glo, Z, ESP, Z FLX)
Glo ESP Heat

Glo Z Buzzz OS
2x Z Buzzz
Z Meteor

Zone
Glo Z Banger
Glo Z Roach

(Full disclosure, I am currently throwing the PA-1 and PA-4 in 400, and think they are the very finest at what they do. I also putt with PA-1s in 350G, but was a long time Challenger guy.)

Honorable Mentions- Z Stalkers are really nice. Machete=Hellfire. Avengers and Nukes are fantastic. Buzzz SS is another good mold. Breakers could replace my PA1s for driving if I took the notion to do so. DGA has some other quality offerings that I have not delved into in much detail, but I remember liking the Rogue, and the Torrent. Hurricane is similar to Force, maybe less overstable depending on plastic.

TLDR- You can absolutely build a Discraft/DGA bag and be set, if you want to. I do think that Discraft could use a couple of discs to round out the lineup, but nothing that can't be worked around.

'boots

I'm curious. What kind of discs do you think Discraft needs to round out their lineup?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 64
Niced 24 Times in 20 Posts

Ha. I would like to see some clones. A Force SS (Destroyer), a HSS putter between a Zone and a Focus/Challenger (PA1), and a comfortable stable to understable putter that isn't quite as deep as most of their current offerings (PA4).
If you forced me to (unlikely to ever be sponsored) I could sub in the right Crank, Breaker, and beat Banger for those spots.

KP

Old 05-17-2017, 05:04 PM
Eagle Member

I would like to see a stalker os and bring back the breeze and storm. But really I feel like the are any really big holes IMO
Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
I would like to see a stalker os and bring back the breeze and storm. But really I feel like the are any really big holes IMO

Is the Squall the DGA equivalent of the Storm?

Old 05-17-2017, 06:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 114
Niced 145 Times in 112 Posts

Oh sweet when did you get the discraft/dga sponsorship?